I would like to ask the community for input regarding the Death Rage card from the Berserker class deck. Basically it allows you +1 damage for each 2 damage on the Hero sheet if you spend a surge for it. Combined with the other Berserker class card giving you a free surge, and a hero with high health, that can turn into a **** load of damage.
Here is the thing. I am going to play Gryvorn Unleashed (Finale of the Shadow Rune campaign) but I need a strategy as for keeping Death Rage in check somehow. What I don't want is to fight a severely injured Grisban who will then insta-kill Gryvorn or Zachareth with sick +5/+6 damage with an already deadly weapon (Rage Blade).
I was thinking like this:
- Try to make Splig run away with his ritual component (the only one I wish to save)
- Make Belthir and Sir Alric destroy as many search tokens as possible. I want no health/stamina potion in encounter 2!
- Keep all OL cards for encounter 2
- Damage the heroes as much as possible?
- No plot cards.
- Crushing Exhaustion the heroes while in range (Mirklace deck, willpower test - they fail then they suck up their whole stamina, plus it stays on them until they rest, so they have to waste an attack action)
- Alpha-strike (well, in my turn) Augur with all or most OL cards.
- Don't hurt Grisban much and Dominion him with Zachareth if in contact to force him to waste fatigue or move actions to get close again.
- Dark Charm Logan to shoot himself and finish him off.
- Kill Grisban. How? Death Rage will kill Gryvorn if I miss my opportunity.
Any condition is particular I could use from Zachareth (Subdue)? Curse and Weakened seem best for close range, but Immobilized (obv. not for Logan) can be handy. thoughts?
Logan wields Ice Storm too, which is a real pain. Maybe I should kill him first so I can move :-/
Edited by Indalecio, 09 May 2014 - 11:50 AM.