The Assault on Imdaar Final Round List Center

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Caadium

Caadium

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

I've got a possible Rebel list that raises a question. If two things happen "at the start of the combat phase" can I resolve them both? I want to use the new R3-A2 to give a stress to someone and then get rid of the stress I would take with Wingman. 

I don't believe that will work.  Wingman triggers at the start of the combat phase (before any attacks have begun), whereas R3-A2 triggers when you declare target of your attack.

I agree with this.

#22 PhantomFO

PhantomFO

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

I expect to see rebels take a Falcon to support their E Wing and Z95. With.a guarantee to fight a Phantom, why wouldn't you?

I'm trying to come up with a team that can beat this list:

Bandit Squadron Z95 (12 points)
Knave Squadron E-Wing (27 points) w/ Predator
Han Solo w/ VI, Luke and Chewbacca.

Basically guaranteeing that you get to make 3-dice attacks on a TIE Phantom every time it decloaks, no matter who's flying it. The fact that you're basically guaranteed to see a small Imperial list with a Phantom seems like it should make Han a devastating ship here.

Maybe a Stygian cloak over the Advanced Cloaking Device?

Edited by PhantomFO, 09 May 2014 - 04:45 PM.

REBEL: 3 X-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 2 Z95 Headhunters, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290
IMPERIAL: 5 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray

#23 Caadium

Caadium

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

I don't know what I'd finish the squad with, but here's a duo to start with:

Corran Horn (35) + PTL (3) + R7-T1 (3) =41

Airen Cracken (19) + Wingman (2) = 21

Curran takes a TL & Evade/Barrel Roll when moving. Wingman clears the stress. Curran fires first. Then when Airen fires, Corran Focuses and activates R7-T1 to get a new TL and reposition for the second shot.

Edited by Caadium, 09 May 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#24 PhantomFO

PhantomFO

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

I expect to see rebels take a Falcon to support their E Wing and Z95. With.a guarantee to fight a Phantom, why wouldn't you?

I'm trying to come up with a team that can beat this list:
Bandit Squadron Z95 (12 points)
Knave Squadron E-Wing (27 points) w/ Predator
Han Solo w/ VI, Luke and Chewbacca.
Basically guaranteeing that you get to make 3-dice attacks on a TIE Phantom every time it decloaks, no matter who's flying it. The fact that you're basically guaranteed to see a small Imperial list with a Phantom seems like it should make Han a devastating ship here.
Maybe a Stygian cloak over the Advanced Cloaking Device?
Here's what I've come up with for the Imperial counter:

Rexler Brath w/ Outmaneuver (40)
Sigma Sq. Phantom w/ Advanced Sensors, Stygium Particle Accelerator, and Intelligence Agent (31)
Omicron Lambda w/ Advanced Sensors, Intelligence Agent and Engine Upgrade (29)

Double Intelligence Agents should make it impossible to surprise the Phantom, allowing for smarter decloaking decisions. Rexler shoots at everyone out of arc. Lambda's gonna Lambda.
REBEL: 3 X-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 2 Z95 Headhunters, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290
IMPERIAL: 5 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray

#25 PenguinBonaparte

PenguinBonaparte

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

I've got a possible Rebel list that raises a question. If two things happen "at the start of the combat phase" can I resolve them both? I want to use the new R3-A2 to give a stress to someone and then get rid of the stress I would take with Wingman. 

I don't believe that will work.  Wingman triggers at the start of the combat phase (before any attacks have begun), whereas R3-A2 triggers when you declare target of your attack.

I agree with this.

Damn, I'm just misreading cards left and right! Thanks for catching that.

Edited by PenguinBonaparte, 09 May 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#26 Imperial Rebel

Imperial Rebel

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

Just had a idea for Imperials, it's a different but it could work...

Sigma Squadron Pilot + FCS + SPA (29)

Delta Squadron Pilot + Ion Cannon (33)

Bounty Hunter + Seismic Charges + Recon (38)

= 100

Thoughts?

Imperials (12): Tie-Fighters (5) Space Narwhals (2) Tie-Advanceds (1) Firesprays (1) Tie-Phantoms (2)

Tie-Defenders (1)

Rebels (12): X-Wings (4) B-Wings (2) HWK-290s (1) YT-1200s (1) Z-95 Headhunters (1) A-Wings (1)

Y-Wings (1) E-Wings (1)

#27 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

YAY!!!

I just won a postponed Assault at Imdaar Alpha event at a FLGS. A small venue (6 players) with all well known faces:

I played 4 x Royal TIE Guard Interceptors w/PTL (and Royal TIE Guard titles "just because") and made it to the final where I met a guy I played in the Swiss rounds. He chose Imperial so I had to think up some Rebel Mojo....

My choice fell on:

Wedge Antilles (PS9) w/Outmaneuver and R7

Coran Horn (PS8) w/PTL and R7-T1

and

Airen Cracken (PS8) w/Wingman and Ion Pulse Torpedo

I was facing 

Rexler Brath (PS8) w/Predator

Dark Curse (PS6)

Night Beast (PS5)

and

Sigma Sq. Pilot (PS3) w/Advenced Cloaking Device

After an fairly mediocre 1st firing round my 3 Rebel Ace/Star pilots kicked it up and killed off the fully cloaked Phantom while only loosing a shield on Cracken I think.

I forgot to use my Wingman and then started bumping/blocking myself, but thanks to the very intimidating look/combo on Wedge, my opponent fortunately (had to?) chose to focus on killing him off and that worked nicely for Horn and Cracken.

After taking a looooong turn around with the -Wing and Z-95 I finally managed to line them up, and then the synergy between Crackens Free Action ability and Wingman combined with Horns PTL, and R7-T1 Astromech REALLY kicked in and I managed to kill the Defender with some very intense Range 1 fire from Cracken and Horn.

A couple of rounds prior to the end of the game I koiograned with Crackn and lined Horn up next to him and took a shot at Night Beast with TL Focus and Horns double attack but my opponent dodged EVERYTHING.

We had time for 1 more round and since Horn wasn't allowed to attack I pulled him off in safety outside Night Beast and Dark Curse (and Focus Evaded just to make 100 % sure  :D ) and for Cracken I was a bit lucky to bump in to Dark Curse so only Night Beast had a Range 1 shot: He made 2 hits, I evaded 1 and lost my last shield and could FINALLY (!!!!) after a really looooooong drought find myself as a (small) tournament......

For my 1st place finish I pcked up the Phantom, since a VERY VERY friendly guy from my group (who finished 3rd in a previous AaIA event) had passed a Defender on to me for TO'ing that event. 

So currently my Wave 4 fleet counts a Defender (consolation prize) and a Phantom (actual prize).

Can't wait to play with them. Damn those new EPT and Droids are fun to play around with.

Well, that's it for now.

take care and Fly Casual-

2014 X-Wing Regional Champion (CPH, Denmark)

Fleet: 1 x [YT-1300] -  5 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] - 1 x [Transport] - 1 x [Tantive IV]: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 6 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams "Battlefields": 3 x Gale Force 9 Mats

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS