The Assault on Imdaar Final Round List Center

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Imperial Rebel

Imperial Rebel

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Hey Just thought id post this topic for everyone to post and discuss there lists, with the assault with it starting in just 3 weeks!

You all know the rules...

each list may only be at maximum 100 points...

If Rebel, must have Z-95 Headhunter and E-Wing in the list...

If Imperial, must have Tie-Phantom and Tie-Defender in the list...

Happy List Giving!

Edited by Imperial Rebel, 08 May 2014 - 08:30 PM.

Imperials (12): Tie-Fighters (5) Space Narwhals (2) Tie-Advanceds (1) Firesprays (1) Tie-Phantoms (2)

Tie-Defenders (1)

Rebels (12): X-Wings (4) B-Wings (2) HWK-290s (1) YT-1200s (1) Z-95 Headhunters (1) A-Wings (1)

Y-Wings (1) E-Wings (1)

#2 Imperial Rebel

Imperial Rebel

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

For Rebel i have been looking at...

Wedge (29)

Biggs (25)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Etahn A'baht + FCS (34)

= 100 points

Edited by Imperial Rebel, 08 May 2014 - 08:32 PM.

Imperials (12): Tie-Fighters (5) Space Narwhals (2) Tie-Advanceds (1) Firesprays (1) Tie-Phantoms (2)

Tie-Defenders (1)

Rebels (12): X-Wings (4) B-Wings (2) HWK-290s (1) YT-1200s (1) Z-95 Headhunters (1) A-Wings (1)

Y-Wings (1) E-Wings (1)

#3 Steak

Steak

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Buzzsaw 32

Echo, ACD, PTL 37

Delta 30

total 99

maybe. 

#4 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

You know, I want to run this:

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Navigator (3)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Rexler Brath (37)
Predator (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

"Night Beast" (15)

Total: 100

I know it'll probably lose, but it sounds like such a fun list. And since I know my opponent is going to be restricted to using an E-Wing and a Z-95, both of which are vulnerable to it's shenanigans, I'll never have a better shot.

As for Rebel, for very similar reasons, I desperately want to take:

Lieutenant Blount (17)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)

Etahn A'baht (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)
R3-A2 (2)

Ten Numb (31)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Ion Cannon (3)

Total: 100

First attack, I hit the biggest threat with the ion missile and tag the Defender with the second ion from Ten Numb. It's almost certain to hit, thanks to Ten getting the crit from Eatin' A Boot. Then, Eatin' hits the Phantom. Depending on how the round went so far, either hit it with the torpedo or just primary weapon, either way stressing it. Next round, swarm one of the two ships and blast it away, before turning my attention to the rest. Eatin' hands Ten Numb free crits for as long as he can, Blount will probably perish quickly so his role becomes blocker and harasser, and Ten mauls anything he can.

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighters, 6 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray-31s, 5 Lambdas

5 A-Wings, 5 B-Wings, 6 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 4 HWK-290s, 2 YT-1300s, 2 GR-75 Medium Transports, 1 CR-90 Corvette

#5 PenguinBonaparte

PenguinBonaparte

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

I've got a possible Rebel list that raises a question. If two things happen "at the start of the combat phase" can I resolve them both? I want to use the new R3-A2 to give a stress to someone and then get rid of the stress I would take with Wingman. 

The list would be:

Etahn (32) + VI (1) = 33

Blount (17) + Ion missile (3) + Wingman (2) = 22

Garven (26) + R3-A2 (2) = 28

Prototype Pilot (17)

As for Imperials, I already said elsewhere that I think a combination of Echo, Yorr, and Rexler would be fun since you could still do all the turns in the Defender without taking stress if you keep Yorr in the picture.

#6 Steak

Steak

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

I've got a possible Rebel list that raises a question. If two things happen "at the start of the combat phase" can I resolve them both? I want to use the new R3-A2 to give a stress to someone and then get rid of the stress I would take with Wingman. 

The list would be:

Etahn (32) + VI (1) = 33

Blount (17) + Ion missile (3) + Wingman (2) = 22

Garven (26) + R3-A2 (2) = 28

Prototype Pilot (17)

As for Imperials, I already said elsewhere that I think a combination of Echo, Yorr, and Rexler would be fun since you could still do all the turns in the Defender without taking stress if you keep Yorr in the picture.

I'd imagine that you can do both, and in the order you desire.

• PenguinBonaparte likes this

#7 PenguinBonaparte

PenguinBonaparte

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Thanks, I hope so! Sable, your mention of Ten Numb made me think of having this, but with Airen so that I could move him or Etahn around a little more with barrel rolls in case the Phantom becomes a problem.

Ten Numb (31) + Marksman (3) = 34

Airen Cracken (19) + Wingman (2) + Ion Missile (3) + Hull (3) = 27

Etahn (32) + VI (1) + Shield (4) + R3-A2 (2) =39

#8 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

I expect to see rebels take a Falcon to support their E Wing and Z95. With.a guarantee to fight a Phantom, why wouldn't you?

#9 PenguinBonaparte

PenguinBonaparte

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

Well I'd go Imperial if at all possible, so just spitballing. But, I guess because it's the Falcon? If you make it to that point anyway you're probably going to have your pick in the faction of your choice, so why not play a fun match rather than just blunder around blasting with that turret?

#10 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

for the Ewing, why not simply Corran PTL R2 astromech engine upgrade?

As the ships are all so new, its better to try something you are familiar with rather than something funky

Edited by Duraham, 08 May 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#11 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Well I'd go Imperial if at all possible, so just spitballing. But, I guess because it's the Falcon? If you make it to that point anyway you're probably going to have your pick in the faction of your choice, so why not play a fun match rather than just blunder around blasting with that turret?

Falcon isn't always blundering! I just think it'll be more of an adventure for the imp player if they have to take out the Falcon before their Phantom can do all those crazy movements!

I guess im not of the mind that the YT is a bad ship for the game. It helps balance out the Rebel's overall lack of mobility, and you pay for it by rolling 1 less set of attack dice. Winning with Ints might be too easy without the falcon! Gotta play to your faction's strengths after all!

#12 bladeofdorin

bladeofdorin

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

What I want to know is if airen cracken takes clusters, can his buddy perform two free actions?

Cuz if so

Cracken + clusters + munitions failsafe
Corran + ptl + r7
Bandit + ion pulse
Rookie

Edited by bladeofdorin, 08 May 2014 - 11:08 PM.

"Lost Tiree...lost Dutch...They drop in behind you, and you can't maneuver in the trench. Sorry.. It's your baby now. So long, Dave...."

#13 Sergovan

Sergovan

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

What I want to know is if airen cracken takes clusters, can his buddy perform two free actions?

Cuz if so

Corran + ptl + r7
Bandit + ion pulse
Rookie

You'll only get 1 Z-95 to work with.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: 11 of 11; 3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; 12 of 28

#14 bladeofdorin

bladeofdorin

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

Cuz if so
Corran + ptl + r7
Bandit + ion pulse
Rookie

You'll only get 1 Z-95 to work with.
Oh! Sorry. I was under the impression that you needed to include AT LEAST one...

Double gold squadrons it is!

Edited by bladeofdorin, 09 May 2014 - 05:51 AM.

"Lost Tiree...lost Dutch...They drop in behind you, and you can't maneuver in the trench. Sorry.. It's your baby now. So long, Dave...."

#15 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

Yes, that looks like it is legitimate. Interesting.

• bladeofdorin likes this

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighters, 6 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray-31s, 5 Lambdas

5 A-Wings, 5 B-Wings, 6 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 4 HWK-290s, 2 YT-1300s, 2 GR-75 Medium Transports, 1 CR-90 Corvette

#16 Zeyar

Zeyar

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

I expect to see rebels take a Falcon to support their E Wing and Z95. With.a guarantee to fight a Phantom, why wouldn't you?

This

#17 Krynn007

Krynn007

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

My rebel list

Ewing
Black moon squadern
Fire control systems

Z-95
Head hunter
Airen cracken

Yt-300
Lando
Draw their fire
Chewbacca
Falcon title

Imp list

Tie defender
Rexlar breath
Stealth device

Tie phantom
Whisper
Advance cloak

Lambda class shuttle
Omnicron pilot
Darth Vader
3 xwing, 2 awings, 2 bwings,1 ywing, 1 Falcon, 1hwk, 1 ewing, 2 z95, 1 GR-75 medium transport, 1 CR90 Corvette ,4 tie fighters, 2 interceptors, 1 imperial aces, 2 bombers, 1 tie adv, 1 shuttle, 1 Firespray, 2 phantom, 1 tie defender

#18 Sergovan

Sergovan

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

Yes, that looks like it is legitimate. Interesting.

I started a thread on this in the rules area. Its always a wise decision to get official clarification when it comes to clusters. But I think it would work as described which would be a neat squad trick.

Good tactical catch bladeofdorin (if it works as described).

• bladeofdorin likes this

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: 11 of 11; 3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; 12 of 28

#19 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Buzzsaw 32
Echo, ACD, PTL 37
Delta 30
total 99

maybe.

I'd likely end up with something like this list.

I'd drop PTL for VI on Echo and add Ion Cannon to the Defender so he can pull some silly shenanigans.

Other option is a Vader shuttle, upping the Delta to Rex, as another gentleman posted, but taking Predator so I can save the focus for his ability.

#20 geordan

geordan

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

I don't believe that will work.  Wingman triggers at the start of the combat phase (before any attacks have begun), whereas R3-A2 triggers when you declare target of your attack.

(Yet Another) X-Wing Squad Builder: http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS