New EoE book Colonists are here

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#141 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

I would LOVE to see Hapes make an appearance!

EDIT: also, bring back the gun of command!!
:D

Edited by awayputurwpn, 14 May 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#142 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

EDIT: also, bring back the gun of command!!
:D

I hope they bring back Hapes but leave the Gun of command in Legends land. The thing was like something out of a bad 1930s scifi script, almost as bad as the Suncrusher.

Edited by RogueCorona, 14 May 2014 - 11:21 AM.

• Krieger22 likes this

#143 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

EDIT: also, bring back the gun of command!! :D

I hope they bring back Hapes but leave the Gun of command in Legends land. The thing was like something out of a bad 1930s scifi script, almost as bad as the Suncrusher.
You wouldn't be saying that if I had the gun of command....
  • Col. Orange and 2P51 like this

#144 Joker Two

Joker Two

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Call me crazy, but since there is a human on the cover, and the past splat books have had whoever was on the cover included as a race, I am assuming there will be some new X-human variant as one of the races.

Or perhaps he is a Happan...

I could actually see that, but you'd think they'd show a noblewoman, what with them being a matriarchy and all.

Corporate Sector Human?  Nah, not different enough, and they'd show an Entrepreneur, not a Marshal.

Probably just cool art (which it is!) and not representative of a new sub-species.  Oh well.

#145 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

Well, I knew they would do a performer - too iconic for the setting not to, and I had a good hunch about the marshal, though I would have called it (sector) ranger. The entrepreneur however, I was thinking would be an animal handler.

Now to speculate on the species.

I think Marshal makes a lot more sense for colonist than a sector ranger since a Marshal could focus on one colony while a sector ranger has a much broader area of responsibility.

That's fluff, not crunch. Just like a big-S Smuggler doesn't have to engage in little-s smuggling. I think the crunch for either a local sheriff or a system- or sector-wide police officer would be very similar.

Or perhaps he is a Happan...

No more local-grown versions of humans plz :P

Edited by Kshatriya, 14 May 2014 - 12:06 PM.

• 2P51 likes this

#146 Jamwes

Jamwes

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:25 PM

If we really wanted to read too much into that picture we'd notice that he's holding two guns. I think it's a new sub-race human who has a knack for being a gunslinger and has a racial ability to use two guns better at the same time. Or that Marshal has gunslinger talents, but only while being watched over by droids. OR, they are droid remotecontrols that look like guns, like the gun of command mentioned earlier... There are two droids, one hovering over each gun...

Edited by Jamwes, 14 May 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#147 Simon Fix

Simon Fix

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Call me crazy, but since there is a human on the cover, and the past splat books have had whoever was on the cover included as a race, I am assuming there will be some new X-human variant as one of the races.

I was thinking the same thing.

*sigh*

If we really wanted to read too much into that picture we'd notice that he's holding two guns. I think it's a new sub-race human who has a knack for being a gunslinger and has a racial ability to use two guns better at the same time. Or that Marshal has gunslinger talents...

But maybe we can hope for something along these lines.

Edited by Simon Fix, 14 May 2014 - 01:36 PM.

• Kshatriya and 2P51 like this

There is no signature here.

#148 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

I for one, am stoked about this book.  I'm also marveled by how many of us guessed correctly at some of the specializations in it.

For those who sound b*tthurt over, "but it's not *this career's* book", I'd just advise us to remember to that FFG is always playtesting new books, ALWAYS.  At all times!  While we're in the bathroom... at work... watching tv...  ALWAYS! 

FFG never sleeps...

Edited by CrunchyDemon, 14 May 2014 - 02:18 PM.

• Doc, the Weasel, I. J. Thompson, kaosoe and 2 others like this

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#149 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

It was updated to 'at the printers' today I see.

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#150 Brother Bart

Brother Bart

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

I haven't picked up a new FFG Star Wars product in weeks...I'm starting to get the shakes...I'm hoping we have a new book come out for 1 of the 3 lines every three weeks, or sooner!....On a rotating cycle would be good for those that don't want to have to buy something that often....that MIGHT satiate my addiction. Really can't wait to get this in my hands...and the AoR core rulebook....and the new AoR adventure...and the FaD beta....keep it coming FFG!  :D

Edited by Brother Bart, 14 May 2014 - 05:39 PM.

• CrunchyDemon and FreeXenon like this

#151 DavenQuint

DavenQuint

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

The fact that Colonists are getting a Sourcebook next is indicative of a healthy game. If they had announced Smugglers or Bounty Hunters, that might have meant EotE was getting backshelved. This announcement suggests the best is yet to come!

• 2P51 likes this

"You can always count on a Hutt to do whatever is in his best interest--even when it's not." -Colten Zurey

#152 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

EDIT: also, bring back the gun of command!! :D

You wouldn't be saying that if I had the gun of command....

Seriously the thing was only created because they decided Han needed to Mind Trick Leia to get her to go with him. He can't use the force so they invented a handy dandy Mind Tricking gun for him to use.

Edited by RogueCorona, 15 May 2014 - 02:32 AM.

#153 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:56 AM

The fact that Colonists are getting a Sourcebook next is indicative of a healthy game. If they had announced Smugglers or Bounty Hunters, that might have meant EotE was getting backshelved. This announcement suggests the best is yet to come!

Could you elaborate?
  • Col. Orange likes this

#154 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

Could you elaborate?
Not to step on toes, or put words in ones text box, but with the iconic and much demanded careers such as bounty hunter and smuggler being released later, DavenQuint is probably thinking along the lines of FFG being confident that they can release the "less popular" careers, because of this confidence in their game, and that they don't feel like rushing out the popular books because they are expecting a decline of sales/interest.
  • Col. Orange likes this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#155 Col. Orange

Col. Orange

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:59 AM

Not to step on toes, or put words in ones text box, but with the iconic and much demanded careers such as bounty hunter and smuggler being released later, DavenQuint is probably thinking along the lines of FFG being confident that they can release the "less popular" careers, because of this confidence in their game, and that they don't feel like rushing out the popular books because they are expecting a decline of sales/interest.

Makes sense.  I suppose my judgment is coloured 'cause I have no doubt my group'll be buying all of 'em.

Edited by Col. Orange, 15 May 2014 - 04:30 AM.

• DanteRotterdam and 2P51 like this

What's written above is meant with love

#156 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

Could you elaborate?

Yeah, makes sense I guess.
I might look at it though the eyes of my party and experiences and in my group the Colonist is the most popular of the careers...

#157 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

They seem to be hop scotching back and forth with the releases.  Explorer then HG now Colonist.  I'm saying it's probably about 60/40% BH to Smuggler the next book I think.

• iandimitri likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#158 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

Makes sense.  I suppose my judgment is coloured 'cause I have no doubt my group'll be buying all of 'em.

130517100906618.jpg

• Col. Orange, troy70, Brother Bart and 3 others like this

#159 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

I haven't picked up a new FFG Star Wars product in weeks...I'm starting to get the shakes...I'm hoping we have a new book come out for 1 of the 3 lines every three weeks, or sooner!....On a rotating cycle would be good for those that don't want to have to buy something that often....that MIGHT satiate my addiction. Really can't wait to get this in my hands...and the AoR core rulebook....and the new AoR adventure...and the FaD beta....keep it coming FFG!  :D

I think the RPG you are looking for is called "drugs", lol.

• Brother Bart likes this

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#160 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

Could you elaborate?

I'd like to know what data you have on popularity?

Also, it's somewhat disappointing to me that the heavy combat specs are perceived as "most popular."

• Desslok and 2P51 like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS