New EoE book Colonists are here

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#41 Liloki

Liloki

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

I can finally run the pop diva and her entourage campaign that I've been tossing around in the back of my mind for months!

Also... now I must make my Edge of Macross game conversion. Yay Performer spec!  :D

• FuriousGuy, Haggard, Kshatriya and 8 others like this

Episode recaps of my ongoing EotE game: https://plus.google....771928262/posts

#42 hencook

hencook

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Okay. So you realize in that same article, Sam literally says:

"A Trader might decide that the Entrepreneur is a great advancement to represent his business taking off and making some real money."

Yes, they both deal in selling stuff. There are some similarities there, and some crossover. I assure you, they are not the same thing. But by that logic, the Gadgeteer and Outlaw tech are the same, the survivalist and scout, etc. I can assure you, the Entrepreneur brings a flavor to the table separate and unique from Trader does. You are really comparing a CEO type character to a truck driver type character, and calling them identical.

I did not realize this and stand corrected.

Edited by hencook, 08 May 2014 - 05:54 PM.

• KRKappel, DanteRotterdam and polyheadronman like this

#43 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

I can finally run the pop diva and her entourage campaign that I've been tossing around in the back of my mind for months!

Also... now I must make my Edge of Macross game conversion. Yay Performer spec!  :D

Ga Ga the Hutt?....

• OggDude and polyheadronman like this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#44 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

Lando is not a trader. Lando is definitely an entrepreneur (among a great many other things).

• Doc, the Weasel, OggDude, FootNote and 1 other like this

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#45 Grimmshade

Grimmshade

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

I've been thinking of running a Tatooine small town game, and these Specializations are really going to make that a lot easier.

I would have put Colonist low on the books I wanted, but now I can't wait. 

• Raistlinrox, KRKappel, kaosoe and 2 others like this

#46 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Lando is not a trader. Lando is definitely an entrepreneur (among a great many other things).

He's a Gambler and I hope it's in the Smuggler book.

• Vonpenguin, Doc, the Weasel, Kshatriya and 1 other like this

#47 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

I am really interested in what the Marshal has to offer. Gand finds himself being more of a "do gooder" than a ruthless bounty hunter.

• Col. Orange, BlackCross5 and 2P51 like this

Proud Member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#48 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

He's a Gambler and I hope it's in the Smuggler book.

That would be the "Among other things" I mentioned. But definitely gambler. I think Entrepreneur would best fit his business side.

• 2P51 likes this

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#49 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

Well, I knew they would do a performer - too iconic for the setting not to, and I had a good hunch about the marshal, though I would have called it (sector) ranger. The entrepreneur however, I was thinking would be an animal handler.

Now to speculate on the species.
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#50 MonCalamariAgainstDrunkDriving

MonCalamariAgainstDrunkDriving

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Those look like some fun specializations! It did seem like a safe bet, but I'm really glad Performer made it in there. And I'm wildly curious to see how the Entrepreneur turns out.

There isn't currently a Perform skill, yeah? Think one will be added?

The only career my party has two of is Colonist. Actually, in our party of five, no one has Brawl, Melee, or either Ranged skill as career skills, and I think a book like this could have a lot of fun material for all of us.

#51 Deve Sunstriker

Deve Sunstriker

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

49600452.jpg

• Liloki likes this

“I cast bad motivator on Darth Vader’s legs!”

#52 MrBaldwin

MrBaldwin

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

No mention of signature abilities.  I only say this because I think they were specifically mentioned in the previews for the past couple books.

#53 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

There is typically more than one announcement per release.

• FreeXenon, KRKappel and polyheadronman like this

#54 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

I damn near want to kill off my PC in a crazy fashion so I can create a Marshal.

• kaosoe likes this

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

#55 Dbuntu

Dbuntu

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Me too, but the fact that the Marshal is a combat spec raises my worry about the watering-down of Careers and the disincentivization of dipping into Specs out-of-Career because the Career starts to contain everything you could need.

I don't see how much difference that makes. It's a pretty paltry difference to buy in/out of career. 

#56 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Me too, but the fact that the Marshal is a combat spec raises my worry about the watering-down of Careers and the disincentivization of dipping into Specs out-of-Career because the Career starts to contain everything you could need.

I don't see how much difference that makes. It's a pretty paltry difference to buy in/out of career. 

I don't like the idea of each Career being heavily all-inclusive for every Skill or niche need you could possibly have. I think it dilutes the themes of Careers to do so. But the new Colonist specs look pretty thematic and awesome!

• 2P51 likes this

#57 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

I'd guess that the Marshal is a "combat spec" as much as the Big Game Hunter or Scoundrel is. One skill and 3–4 talents to back it. 

• Jamwes likes this

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#58 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

IIRC the "Sector Ranger" idea was more combative, and then there's the idea floating around about very social Bounty Hunter characters. That's the main source of my worry, I suppose it's largely unfounded in actual releases :P

• 2P51 likes this

#59 TarlSS

TarlSS

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

When I think of a low level Entrepeneur in EOTE, I'm thinking Tom from Parks and Rec..

It's not Flouride, it's TDizzle! 

#60 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:56 PM

Well, I knew they would do a performer - too iconic for the setting not to, and I had a good hunch about the marshal, though I would have called it (sector) ranger. The entrepreneur however, I was thinking would be an animal handler.

Now to speculate on the species.

I think Marshal makes a lot more sense for colonist than a sector ranger since a Marshal could focus on one colony while a sector ranger has a much broader area of responsibility.

• Tear44 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS