#2 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Praise the great Holy Moly!

Performers (SQUEEE!!!)

EotE totally lives, silly geese.  :P

Edited by I. J. Thompson, 08 May 2014 - 04:11 PM.

• 2P51 likes this

#3 shadeleader

shadeleader

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

I think that this is the most interested I've been in a career book yet. I appreciate the diversity of the specs a lot.

• Kshatriya and 2P51 like this

#4 Kainrath

Kainrath

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Wow.  Just....Wow.

This looks amazing!

• 2P51 likes this

Folio Templates

Example Character Folios

Blog (with loads of gear/items/tables)

#5 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

I'd have to say in the various threads back and forth in these forums we collectively nailed all these specs.  So kudos to all of us.  Kudos to FFG for the announcement as well.

• Col. Orange, I. J. Thompson, Internutt and 5 others like this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#6 Joker Two

Joker Two

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

Very excited, and I know my players will be too!  I've had requests about something similar to all three of these specializations.

But now we'll spend another couple of weeks agonizing over what species will be included.  The only clear choice I can think of is Bith, as a nod to the Modal Nodes.

• 2P51 likes this

#7 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

This looks really good so far just from the teasers on the specs. The art also seemed to show an Outrigger flying, so maybe it'll be in there too.
  • 2P51 likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#8 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

But now we'll spend another couple of weeks agonizing over what species will be included.  The only clear choice I can think of is Bith, as a nod to the Modal Nodes.

I'll never forget those two Bith I ran into in a bar somewhere in KotOR 2:

"I suppose you think we're both musicians, don't you?"  :D

• Norsehound, kaosoe and 2P51 like this

#9 swiftdraw

swiftdraw

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

Definitly going to make a entrepreneur NPC named Dibbler to harrass the PCs now.

• Cynabar, FangGrip, RedfordBlade and 2 others like this

#10 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

I think that this is the most interested I've been in a career book yet. I appreciate the diversity of the specs a lot.

Me too, but the fact that the Marshal is a combat spec raises my worry about the watering-down of Careers and the disincentivization of dipping into Specs out-of-Career because the Career starts to contain everything you could need.

Worry aside, I like the blurbs and am excited for the book. Especially Performer.

I'd have to say in the various threads back and forth in these forums we collectively nailed all these specs.  So kudos to all of us.  Kudos to FFG for the announcement as well.

Makes me think the devs do lurk the forums, with how much people have clamored for a Performer type spec.

Edited by Kshatriya, 08 May 2014 - 04:34 PM.

• Norsehound, LibrariaNPC and 2P51 like this

#11 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Very excited, and I know my players will be too!  I've had requests about something similar to all three of these specializations.

What are those darn ol Signature Abilities going to be......................... :huh:

• iandimitri likes this

#12 ccarlson101

ccarlson101

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Still no love for Smugglers, huh? Hrumph...

• CaptainRaspberry, 2P51, Lancer999 and 1 other like this

That's SCIENCE!

#13 Joker Two

Joker Two

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Me too, but the fact that the Marshal is a combat spec raises my worry about the watering-down of Careers and the disincentivization of dipping into Specs out-of-Career because the Career starts to contain everything you could need.

The way they described it, Marshal abilities will be split between combat, endurance, and investigation, with the emphasis on the latter two.  After looking back at Archaeologist, Big-Game Hunter, and Enforcer, I'm not too worried.

• whafrog, kaosoe, BillW and 2 others like this

#14 Brother Bart

Brother Bart

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

Love it! I can't get enough of this stuff. This is probably the last career book that I would be interested in...yet I'm still pretty interested! Looking forward to seeing the Bounty Hunter and Scoundrel books (yet, hopefully we see a Hutt system sourcebook next!).

#15 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

Still no love for Smugglers, huh? Hrumph...

It's killing me too...... :(

• iandimitri likes this

#16 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Is it wrong that the parts I want the most are the "building your own homestead" and "turning your skills into hard cash"?

• KRKappel, FangGrip, Jamwes and 4 others like this

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#17 KRKappel

KRKappel

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

I worked on this one, good times! Glad to see them finally announce it! (It feels like it took forever to hear about this one). There was like an entire thread dedicated to just begging and speculating about a colonist class book, and it was cool to see all three specs get guessed almost title for title. As for what I worked on here specifically, all the class books seem to be following the same basic layout. I worked on a chunk of Chapter I and a chunk of Chapter III. Great fun! I really hope they get this one out before GenCon so I can hear what people thought of it!

As for lurking forums, I absolutely do. But, if you listen to the Order 66 Podcast (and who does, really?) Sam talked about specs and species selection process then. They sort of planned out all the books and which species and specs go in them before they even launched the line. So I can't really say that fan response is driving much of that, as it was laid out so far in advance. Beyond that, these books are generally done like, a year ahead of release or so, as far as the freelance writing part goes. when I lurk the forums, its mostly to see reaction to what has come out, the occasional rules thing, or just to enjoy watching you guys speculate on stuff I already happened to work on. (Its fun!)

• Doc, the Weasel, Haggard, Liloki and 12 others like this

Official Contributor: Edge of the Empire: Suns of Fortune, Far Horizons, Age of Rebellion: GM's Kit, Stay on Target, and Force & Destiny: Core Rulebook

Follow me @KRKappel, facebook, and my author site. Co-founder Fandom Comics

#18 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Is it wrong that the parts I want the most are the "building your own homestead" and "turning your skills into hard cash"?

Nope.  Not in my opinion.  Of course that and a $1.50 get you coffee....... :huh: 

I do like the money idea.  I'm kind of at a crossroads with my Scoundrel, more social/negotiation/money direction or piloting, so I am very interested in Entrepreneur.

• iandimitri likes this

#19 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

And the artwork continues to make me happy in places the forum ToS says I can't make posts about...

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

#20 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

Colonist: entrepeneur!

Colonist does seem to be the most wide open I would think.  You need more or less everything and everyone for a colony.

Marshall, gotta bring justice to the frontier.
Entertainer, everybody wants a good time.

In fact we only needed the two of us! ;)
  • Kshatriya and 2P51 like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS