Boba Fett and Redirected Damage

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

If my opponent uses protect to take Boba's damage, can I capture the character with protect? Is Boba still considered the source of the damage? Is it the same deal with Lightsaber Deflection?

#2 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

I think so.  protection doesn't change the source of the damage

#3 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Mac is correct here. Whomever Boba damaged instead, he could capture. The source of the damage is not changed when you use Protect, it is just moved to the Protecting Unit instead of being placed on the original target.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#4 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

It's the same deal with Lightsaber Deflection, but keep in mind that only LS cards can be captured.

#5 Conradj

Conradj

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

If the protect character is Chewbacca, does Chewbacca react before being captured?

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

If the protect character is Chewbacca, does Chewbacca react before being captured?

It depends on who the active player is and therefore gets to trigger their reaction first. If LS then yes, if DS then no as he would be captured first. 

Edited by Toqtamish, 09 May 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#7 Sorthlador

Sorthlador

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hey gang, so it's my understanding that if you lightsaber deflect and/or take the damage on a shield then Bobba's damage is prevented, or more accurately never dealt to the character it's self. So he wouldn't capture it. 

- "So Say We All" 

#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hey gang, so it's my understanding that if you lightsaber deflect and/or take the damage on a shield then Bobba's damage is prevented, or more accurately never dealt to the character it's self. So he wouldn't capture it.

Correct as no damage was actually done.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS