• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

So I'm just starting out. 

I have 2 core sets, Future Proof, Cyber Exodus and Fear and Loathing. 

I wanted to make an HB deck, and here is what I have so far. 

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
 None Selected

Total Cards: (51)

Agenda: (10)

Asset: (5)

ICE: (19)

Operation: (9)
Biotic Labor (Core) x2 ■■■■

Upgrade: (8)

Total Agenda Points: 23

Influence Values Totals - 
 Haas-Bioroid: 61 
 Jinteki: 0
 NBN: 3
 The Weyland Consortium: 6

Rebels: (4)X-Wing,(2)Y-Wing,(3)B-Wing,(2)HWK,(1)YT-1300,(2)A-Wing,(1) GR-75,(1)CR90,(2)E-Wing,(4)Z-95

Imps: (5)TIEs,(3)Squints,(3)Lambda,(2)Firespray,(1)TIE Advanced,(3) TIE Bomber,(2) Defender,(2)Phantom

"What the hell is an aluminum falcon?" - Robot Chicken

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

I'd recommend going for Engineering the Future as your ID, cutting the Experiential Datas and one Priority Requisition, and spending the rest of your Influence. You probably also want to find room for Hedge Fund.

#3 CorpDraw

CorpDraw

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

I agree that ETF is probably the best ID here and you should find some room for Hedge Fund. 

I think if you are going to go for the bigger deck, you might as well go for the 54 card deck. I switch out Strong Box for Ash, I think Ash is a bit better at protecting your servers. 

I'd also take out Hadrian's wall and change that to Tollbooth. Then change Heimdall 1.0 and Viktor 1.0 to their 2.0 versions. While Hardian's Wall is a great piece of ice, it is very Femmable and Knightable. Heimdall 2.0 has a bit more stopping power. 

#4 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

I agree that ETF is probably the best ID here and you should find some room for Hedge Fund. 

I think if you are going to go for the bigger deck, you might as well go for the 54 card deck. I switch out Strong Box for Ash, I think Ash is a bit better at protecting your servers. 

I'd also take out Hadrian's wall and change that to Tollbooth. Then change Heimdall 1.0 and Viktor 1.0 to their 2.0 versions. While Hardian's Wall is a great piece of ice, it is very Femmable and Knightable. Heimdall 2.0 has a bit more stopping power. 

Let me say up front, as it's hard to convey tone through text, this is not meant to be argumentative at all, I am simply curious why you said this for my own educational purposes. 

I am looking at Heimdall 1.0 and 2.0 card texts, and I must be missing why Hadrian's Wall is any more or less vulnerable to Femme than Heimdall?

I don't disagree that I need to purchase C&C at this point, as 2.0 versions are appealing, but the way I understand it, Femme negates one piece of ice regardless of what that ICE is subtype / routine / strength wise. 

Wouldn't this mean that no matter what ICE I play, Femme will negate the most powerful piece on the board that the runner can find?

Rebels: (4)X-Wing,(2)Y-Wing,(3)B-Wing,(2)HWK,(1)YT-1300,(2)A-Wing,(1) GR-75,(1)CR90,(2)E-Wing,(4)Z-95

Imps: (5)TIEs,(3)Squints,(3)Lambda,(2)Firespray,(1)TIE Advanced,(3) TIE Bomber,(2) Defender,(2)Phantom

#5 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

Femme bypasses for 1-credit/subroutine. Means Heimdalls are 3 to bypass instead of 2 (more taxing on the runner, especially if they want to do it repeatedly).

2.0 bioroids are great for denying click-breaks; however I'm inclined to think maybe you WANT runners to click-break if you're running Strongbox, which possibly makes 1.0 versions the better choice. May even be worth considering Stronger Together (cue onslaught of derogatory comments). With Ruhr Valley as well, you're causing quite a lot of click-compression.

Ash vs. Strongbox - it depends on what the runner is more likely to have left over. If you can tax a lot of credits during the run, Ash is better; if you can coax the runner into spending clicks instead, you want Strongbox.

I wonder if heavy program-destruction and Bioroids with Strongbox might just be the shell of a deck...

#6 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

May even be worth considering Stronger Together (cue onslaught of derogatory comments). With Ruhr Valley as well, you're causing quite a lot of click-compression.

Stronger Together is in What Lies Ahead. Though buying it should probably be on the top of the list anyway.

#7 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Femme bypasses for 1-credit/subroutine. Means Heimdalls are 3 to bypass instead of 2 (more taxing on the runner, especially if they want to do it repeatedly).

2.0 bioroids are great for denying click-breaks; however I'm inclined to think maybe you WANT runners to click-break if you're running Strongbox, which possibly makes 1.0 versions the better choice. May even be worth considering Stronger Together (cue onslaught of derogatory comments). With Ruhr Valley as well, you're causing quite a lot of click-compression.

Ash vs. Strongbox - it depends on what the runner is more likely to have left over. If you can tax a lot of credits during the run, Ash is better; if you can coax the runner into spending clicks instead, you want Strongbox.

I wonder if heavy program-destruction and Bioroids with Strongbox might just be the shell of a deck...

Ok, now I'm with you - it's just a matter of the credits spent, which makes perfect sense. 

I thought I was missing some granular piece of information in a card text somewhere. 

#8 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Ok, so I tweaked it a little bit. Still trying to get around to maxing out the faction totals inside of 54 cards. 

What should I cut/replace to make room for other faction cards? 

I tried to add another ice that wasn't barrier in Wall of Thorns, as well as some other out-of-faction assets to up my ability to bluff a little bit, especially with Ghost Branch which should act as a trap of sorts with it's advancement tokens. 

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:

Total Cards: (54)

Agenda: (10)

Asset: (7)

ICE: (24)

Operation: (11)

Upgrade: (2)

Total Agenda Points: 22

Influence Values Totals - 
 Haas-Bioroid: 56 
 Jinteki: 3
 NBN: 9
 The Weyland Consortium: 0

EDIT - I just ordered some Data Packs to get Ash and Jackson Howard, strongly considering buying C&C as well. Seems like there are quite a few useful cards in that one.

Edited by bzinfinity, 09 May 2014 - 01:18 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS