Dice Bags

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

I posted mine on another thread but I'll repost it here. Yoshiyahu isn't the only one who has a wife to make him dicebags, nor is she the only one who uses Star Wars fabric as well.

Be sure to tell your wife that her dice bags look awesome. Did she find it difficult to set up the cord the way she did?

Whisky glass on the RPG table.

Classy.

I have been using the Lego planets.  Holds 3 sets with a little wiggling.

That's a fantastic idea. During Pathfinder games, a few people in my group use a ceramic bowl to store things between games, and then during games they use it to roll individual dice. (They're convinced that it positively affects the outcomes.)

I wonder if you could use the planet as a "shaker" and roll the dice out of it.

My Star Wars dice and tokens are stored in a Star Wars metal lunchbox. :-)

Another fantastic idea. Do the dice rattle around in the lunchbox, though, or do you have something in there to keep them from banging against the sides whenever it's moved?

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#22 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Be sure to tell your wife that her dice bags look awesome. Did she find it difficult to set up the cord the way she did?

Thanks. I will. To my knowledge, she did not have any trouble with the chord.. She's made a few dice bags before.

Though I don't have a picture of it, she made a bag out of some faux fur, small furry puff things from the hobby store, and some silk to make a dice bag that looked like a creature. The silk was used to make a tongue that hung out whenever the bag was closed, and the draw string was done like the ones on my bag but tied to the puffs to look like paws. I keep asking her to make another, but this time make it look like chebacca. She's not convinced.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#23 OggDude

OggDude

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon

• Members
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Mine's pretty typical, I guess:

DiceBag.JPG

The bag I use for my destiny tokens (old Othello chits) has a starry background.  I flatten it out and put all in-play destiny tokens on it during the game.

• troy70 and Kainrath like this

Oggy

Get the latest SW Character Generator and GM Tools (Version 1.2.1.0, Released 8/14/2014) 

Drop BoxManual Install  Web Install     Google DriveManual Install  Web Install

#24 bsmith23

bsmith23

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

I think I solved my token problem. Just ordered through coolstuffinc an UltraPro token holder. 1 3/4" x2 7/8", locking spring loaded cap, string with clip and the description says it big enough to hold poker chips. Should work nicely, just toss it in the dice bag. Id link it, but I don't know how on the tablet I'm using.

#25 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Perhaps were I buying weed killer or laundry detergent.....

I won't question your taste, but I wouldn't recommend that....

Might I instead recommend. . . .

6209627367_fa2b118441_b.jpg

• Serif Marak likes this

#26 Serif Marak

Serif Marak

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

Perhaps were I buying weed killer or laundry detergent.....

I won't question your taste, but I wouldn't recommend that....

Might I instead recommend. . . .

6209627367_fa2b118441_b.jpg

Your recommendation will be taken under advisement.

#27 DarthValon

DarthValon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

I'd actually buy some of those, if your wife considered listed them on Ebay or Amazon...let me know if you do...send a message and I'll get you my contact info!

Great idea!

• kaosoe likes this

#28 DoctorWhat

DoctorWhat

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

I have a Millenium Falcon lego case, think it was designed to hold mini figs and blocks but holds my 7 sets of EotE dice.
  • kaosoe likes this
Opinions stated in the above post are my opinions.
They may be different from your opinions, that is ok, that's how the world works.

#29 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

Though I don't have a picture of it, she made a bag out of some faux fur, small furry puff things from the hobby store, and some silk to make a dice bag that looked like a creature. The silk was used to make a tongue that hung out whenever the bag was closed, and the draw string was done like the ones on my bag but tied to the puffs to look like paws. I keep asking her to make another, but this time make it look like chebacca. She's not convinced.

That'd be so awesome!

I think I solved my token problem. Just ordered through coolstuffinc an UltraPro token holder. 1 3/4" x2 7/8", locking spring loaded cap, string with clip and the description says it big enough to hold poker chips. Should work nicely, just toss it in the dice bag. Id link it, but I don't know how on the tablet I'm using.

Mind posting a picture when you get it? I've also been trying to figure out an attractive way to store my destiny tokens. Right now they're just sitting in a little Ziploc bag. It looks like something you'd find in a drug dealer's pocket.

I'd actually buy some of those, if your wife considered listed them on Ebay or Amazon...let me know if you do...send a message and I'll get you my contact info!

Great idea!

Not sure if you're talking to me or kaosoe (his wife makes an awesome dice bag too!) but I'll go ahead and shoot you a PM. Right now, she's not set up on Ebay or Amazon, but we've already sold (and shipped) four dice bags using the messenger service here and PayPal. Those guys should be getting their bags early next week.

Meandering back to the topic of dice bags, here are two more that she finished for me today:

IMG_2260.jpg

I'm so spoiled.

• Raistlinrox likes this

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#30 Raistlinrox

Raistlinrox

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

I just let them clank around in the lunchbox. I love it.

#31 artteach

artteach

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

I have one of the plastic boxes made to hold nut, bolts, screws, and such.  It is about briefcase sized and full of dice.  

Actually, I have about 20 of these boxes and they also hold all of my mini in easy to carry cases.  They are cheap and work well.

GM of the PbP DarkStryder Campaign at www.dailydoserpg.com

#32 bsmith23

bsmith23

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Yoshiyahu, I can't get the link to work at the moment, but if you go to ultrapro.com and look in the gaming cases and holders section, you can see it. It probably won't be here till about the 20th, but I'll try to get a shot of it in action.

#33 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

I have one of the plastic boxes made to hold nut, bolts, screws, and such.  It is about briefcase sized and full of dice.  

Actually, I have about 20 of these boxes and they also hold all of my mini in easy to carry cases.  They are cheap and work well.

I do something similar for my regular dice. I can't fit them all into a single dice bag, so I keep them organized in a large tackle box I picked up at Cabela's.

IMG_2266.jpg

Yoshiyahu, I can't get the link to work at the moment, but if you go to ultrapro.com and look in the gaming cases and holders section, you can see it. It probably won't be here till about the 20th, but I'll try to get a shot of it in action.

Awesome, thanks!

#34 TXRyanLee

TXRyanLee

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

I just use the ol' Crown Royal (Black) bags.

Those Star Wars dice bags are awesome! Tell your wife "Great job!"

The idea of using Othello pieces as Light Side/Dark Side is another great idea.

Maybe a furry dice bag wearing an Ewok's cover, little beady eyes peeking out... there's an idea.

The bounty hunter's ship was fast! As he gained on them, coming up quickly behind her ship, Mina checked her sensors... and took a gamble... "I'm gonna hit the braking thrusters and he'll fly right by..." - Mina "Maverick" Kaylo

#35 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I just use the ol' Crown Royal (Black) bags.

Those Star Wars dice bags are awesome! Tell your wife "Great job!"

The idea of using Othello pieces as Light Side/Dark Side is another great idea.

Maybe a furry dice bag wearing an Ewok's cover, little beady eyes peeking out... there's an idea.

Skinning Ewoks in general is a good idea imo......

• Raistlinrox and iandimitri like this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#36 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

I mentioned my the furry dice bag my wife made. Here are the pictures.

IMG_0823_zps03791bd5.jpg

IMG_0822_zps8a86f208.jpg

It's not a stretch to turn this into a wookiee or even an ewok. Although I bet I can convince her to make a Jawa. She loves Jawas.

Edit: There are eyeballs among all that fur, they just didn't show up in the picture.

Edited by kaosoe, 14 May 2014 - 07:28 PM.

• Kainrath, Deve Sunstriker and iandimitri like this

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#37 Deve Sunstriker

Deve Sunstriker

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

That's it. I'm asking my wife to make a dead ewok dice bag now.

• Kainrath, kaosoe and iandimitri like this

“I cast bad motivator on Darth Vader’s legs!”

#38 Crimson_red

Crimson_red

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

When my Star Wars dice exceeded the size of the dice bag I used for them and I couldn't find a larger bag that I like, I went with my cheap fallback option, the fishing department:

2014-05-15093044-1.jpg

#39 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

I mentioned my the furry dice bag my wife made. Here are the pictures.

It's not a stretch to turn this into a wookiee or even an ewok. Although I bet I can convince her to make a Jawa. She loves Jawas.

Edit: There are eyeballs among all that fur, they just didn't show up in the picture.

That's totally awesome! I imagine an Ewok or Wookiee themed bag would be even better.

Here are a few more bags (and a hair bow) that my wife finished today:

IMG_2305.jpg

Not all of them are for me, but the response to her dice bags has been so positive with some of you here on the forums that we've decided to start putting together a website for them.

• I. J. Thompson likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS