Photo

Celebrimbor's Secret- The most anticipated AP so far?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 iznax

iznax

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

2 most anticipated things so far was Galadriel and the Ents, so after the announcement of Celebrimbor's Secret AP 2 questions arise.

1 Is this the most anticipated AP (and expansion over all) so far ?

2 Are there any more great things to anticipate from now on (consider the LOTR saga is on and not something to anticipate) ?

I'd love to read your thoughts.

(]xxxxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::>

#2 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

I'm most excited for the Trouble in this T-titled town, because I love urban quests.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#3 Teamjimby

Teamjimby

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

I would still include the LOTR saga because we know so little about what the heroes, quests, and campaigns will be.  I am more excited about that than anything else in the game.

But as far as any particular player cards or quests that haven't been announced yet?  Nothing else comes to mind, especially now that Gwaihir has been spoiled.

• DurinIII likes this

#4 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

I really want to defend the Shire against the Ringwraiths as a Dunedain Ranger!

Also, I'd love to Return to Mirkwood at some point and have new quests there with an Elven story since that's my favorite area of ME. 

I want new Gimli and Legolas heroes!

• DurinIII likes this

#5 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

So far? That's probably true.

#6 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

I'm more excited for the Nin-in-Eilph than Celebrimbor's Secret. The Player cards in Celebrimbors are awesome but the actual quest itself and encounter cards in Nin-in-Eilph look the coolest and most unique so far out of the ring maker cycle.
I usually get a lot more excited for cool encounter cards and quests than cool player cards, mainly because I really want new quests and adventures quite badly and am already quite happy with my decks (new cards if they fit are obviously welcome though!).

Not a big fan of Dunlendings (Don't like the Fords of Isen quest, least fun quest in VOL in my opinion) so Dunland trap isn't really that exciting but Three Trials onwards look so sweet (I'm aware three trials still has a dunland theme but you are fighting spirit guardians so it should hopefully be pretty unique), Trouble in Tharbad and Nin-in-Eilph look the best so far. The Urban and Swamp environments (very different type of swamp to what we've had so far however) and the enemies found within just look so cool, way more exciting than just more orcs and more mountains/forests.

#7 Sinamil

Sinamil

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Probably the most anticipated AP so far.  I do very much hope for a new version of Gimli during the Saga quests.  I also hope they expand the Dunedain trait and would look forward to this almost as much as the Silvan cards.  Now that I think about it, my most anticipated part of the cycle is the Silvan trait getting some love, hands down.

Edited by Sinamil, 07 May 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#8 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

Yeah the elf love we are getting is pretty exciting considering I've run Elf decks since I got this game. Some more cards for the Noldor Trait as well would be nice though.

#9 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

I'm definitely looking most forward to this pack and others in this cycle all look awesome! Sagas will be cool too and hopefully some action in the North but this pack is definitely at the top of my list :)

#10 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

For me, Boromir and Glorfindel (Spirit after the initial core disappointment) were the most anticipated characters, but Galadriel and Silvan come close... I am excited about the other three 2-cost Silvan allies, and the rest of the returning events.

#11 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

For me, I think Voice of Isengard was the most anticipated expansion. As far as APs go, though, Celebrimbor's Secret could well tip Foundations of Stone from the top spot, yeah...

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#12 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

How long till we see Círdan?

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#13 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

How long we wait before deliverance? 

#14 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

Hey all, been awile since my last post, a few other games have kept me busy lately, but i think they have come and gone and now I'm back to my old stand by.

Great news really looking forward to Galadrial.

I have not read all the posts contained in the thread, but anyone thinking about teaming her up with Grima?
His doomed effect could be nullified by her ability, and also draw a card. With Keys of Orchanc, you could get some of the higher cost silvan lore allies into play easily, she will also gain lore with her ring. Maybe have Celeborn as the other hero for some more silvan synergy. Starting threat 28 is not so bad.

Certainy not thematic, but could be good, maybe.

Edit moved to another thread

Edited by Tracker1, 13 May 2014 - 06:32 AM.

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#15 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:32 AM

No, a good mechanical combo, it seems. I really think Celeborn is a given with Galadriel, not only for the theme but their abilities both benefit allies during the round they enter play, so why not have them even if you are a Boromir-type of player. Then Lore is certainly a must, so there Gríma applies. As it is now, Silvan allies are often 3-cost but the new ones shall be 2-cost it seems, which will make it easier even without some sort of resource acceleration. Celeborn is Leadership, so he can get to some tricks. If you have Bifur as the third hero, you can play Gaining Strength on round 1 and have three resources on him -- not bad either. But for a really thematic deck, we do need Haldir of Lórien.

#16 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

Great call, I pretty much forgot about him when I said Thranduil together with Tom Bombadil and Goldberry are the last major characters not yet portrayed by player cards. Well, neither Thranduil nor Círdan have many pages in the books (or hardly any) but they are certainly important characters in the history of Middle-earth.

By the way, what do you think Círdan will be? Noldor? I know he was from Telerí, but they won't go for that surely.

#17 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

Great call, I pretty much forgot about him when I said Thranduil together with Tom Bombadil and Goldberry are the last major characters not yet portrayed by player cards. Well, neither Thranduil nor Círdan have many pages in the books (or hardly any) but they are certainly important characters in the history of Middle-earth.

By the way, what do you think Círdan will be? Noldor? I know he was from Telerí, but they won't go for that surely.

That's an interesting question. They've been able to fudge Celeborn and Legolas as Silvan, because they were living with Silvan people and are leaders of Silvan. However, you can't really say the same for Cirdan, and he's not Noldor either. I'm not sure how they will handle this. There's probably zero chance they will introduce a new Elf trait, so they'll likely just make him Silvan. 

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#18 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

That's an interesting question. They've been able to fudge Celeborn and Legolas as Silvan, because they were living with Silvan people and are leaders of Silvan. However, you can't really say the same for Cirdan, and he's not Noldor either. I'm not sure how they will handle this. There's probably zero chance they will introduce a new Elf trait, so they'll likely just make him Silvan. 

They should have made Silvan, Noldor, Grey Havens and "Elven" (Elven should have been defined as any of those 3) - then they could have done all three and still made cards that effected all Elves.

The Dwarfs definitely needed to be split up on similar grounds. (Not so sure about a human trait - I don't think the human nations were as collaborative as the elves and dwarfs at this time).

Edited by Rapier, 13 May 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#19 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:35 AM

The scope of LotR LCG is not that big. It would be another question if LotR have seen so many releases as other, competitive LCGs, like Netrunner, but with this slow motion of releases I doubt separating existing traits would be good for the game's health.

#20 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:55 AM

Netrunner:

1 X Core

2 X deluxe expansions

12 X small expansions

LotR:

1 X Core

3 X deluxe expansions

3 X saga expansion

18 X small expansions

3 X GenCon expansions

9 X Nightmare Expansions

Seems to be plenty of releases.

Not as many player cards per release though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS