Split Loyalties

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

Dominance: Kneel 1 influence to choose 2 unique characters in 2 different discard piles, and put them into play, under their owners' control

Can I play this without checking that there are 2 unique characters in 2 different discard piles?

What happens if I am the only player with an unique character in my discard pile?

#2 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

Then you can't play it. Targets are chosen during the initiation of an effect, and if not all targets can be chosen, the effect cannot be triggered.

Edited by Ratatoskr, 07 May 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

The unique characters in the discard piles are targets. We know that because of the word "choose." You cannot trigger an effect unless all required targets are available. So this event cannot be played unless there are unique characters in at least 2 discard piles because you will otherwise not meet the target requirements.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS