• 551 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

Completely agree I Gizlivadi!

#82 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

I havent read this topic line for line so i'm sorry if this has been suggested, but i think (or at least would like) that he will

be a neutral hero BUT at the beginning of the game (or maybe even round) you have to select a sphere for him to represent.

This would maintain his neutral presence in regards to helping the spheres evenly without making resource smoothing a

non-factor

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#83 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

So now all of a sudden we have people who claim there is a Gandalf hero and his info has been leaked? I ain't buying it.

Wasn't there a supposed leak that turned out to be fake?

I'm really not sure. I only heard about the AP names leak here.

#84 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

I'm either a massive sucker or just too excited but I'm starting to believe this information. Now we wait and see. 10/10 if trolling.
  • Rapier and DurinIII like this

#85 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

I havent read this topic line for line so i'm sorry if this has been suggested, but i think (or at least would like) that he will

be a neutral hero BUT at the beginning of the game (or maybe even round) you have to select a sphere for him to represent.

This would maintain his neutral presence in regards to helping the spheres evenly without making resource smoothing a

non-factor

You are not too far but it is actually more clever than that.

• DurinIII likes this

#86 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:59 PM

YES but he should be a card that we can use for whatever quest we want (i.e. a player card), not an objective ally or boon or wahtever please! 

Naturally.

#87 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Any more hints Ana?  :)

• legolas18 likes this

#88 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

non-factor

You are not too far but it is actually more clever than that.

alright, so if hes clever and he matches up with Elrond well (especially Vilya) I'd guess that you at the start of the turn or maybe just a once per turn action, you reveal the top card of your deck and whatever sphere that is, thats what Gandalf is for the round.  This would obviously help vilya yet retain what i was trying to guess

that is if this isnt just a big goose chase to begin with5

• DurinIII and ZanzibarLand like this

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#89 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

That would be cool.

#90 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

Therefore he'd slot into any deck spheres you had. It think that would work. Very powerful for monosphere.
  • DurinIII likes this

#91 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

Yes, I agree with DurinIII. We need more clever hints!
  • DurinIII likes this

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#92 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

If there is one non-saga hero only, guess which sphere it shall be.

But if it is the one (or isn't, depending on which wording on Stand and Fight you prefer), how will it be good enough?

If it is to work with Vilya, without Stargazer or Gildor, it may be the answer.

But not only for the Ring itself, for the hero in the hat as well.

Edited by Ana, 15 May 2014 - 03:53 AM.

#93 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

If Gandalf is a hero, he shall at least be 14 of threat, that with 13 of Elrond pretty much leaves Glorfindel to be added for the total of 32: and you have the line-up from the Counsel of Elrond design.

• Ana likes this

#94 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

But if it is the one (or isn't, depending on which wording on Stand and Fight you prefer), how will it be good enough?
But not only for the Ring itself, for the the hero in the hat as well.

There's only one. Then my guess is leadership.
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#95 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

But not only for the Ring itself, for the the hero in the hat as well.

A neutral hero? Stand and Fight initially allowed you to put into play ally of any sphere from the discard pile, then it was erratad so that  you can't bring back neutral allies, implying thatg neutral is not actually a sphere. 

• Ana likes this

#96 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

If indeed Gandalf is a neutral hero, he will be the first of his kind. So the game will pick up a new mechanic with him. What better way to introduce such a mechanic than with the "Hero of them All"' Gandalf!

#97 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

Well, it's a bit logical. Previously, all Sagas introduced 4 player card heroes, one of each sphere, but in the Road Darkens we suddenly only get one... Would be very logical if this hero would have some mechanic to fit into any sphere.

• DurinIII likes this

#98 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

Very logical indeed.  :D

#99 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Nice. For some reason I hadn't even thought of neutral based on the hint Ana gave us, but it makes perfect sense. He must have some sort of scrying ability as well.
  • DurinIII likes this

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#100 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Scrying would fit nicely with Gandalf's character. Perhaps his Vilya does the scrying?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS