• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

The Tree People, Island Amid Perils, Pursuing the Enemy.

• ZanzibarLand likes this

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#42 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Exactly, so the Leadership is coming too. And since there is Naith Guide and Galadhrim Minstrel, it is easy to guess there will be a Tactics and Spirit 2-cost Silvan ally as well. Put three of these allies (sans Tactics) and events (sans Tactics), together with Celeborn and Galadriel, and you have a good base for a wonderful deck, I feel.

#43 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Shadow and Flame is the quest where you are set to 0 threat right away right? In that quest you could potentially avoid ever being attacked by the balrog if you use Galadriel. That's immensely powerful. Op is probably right: time mechanic is very important for keeping things challenging with cards like Galadriel around.

I gave S&F a try with Galadriel. I won In 14 rounds with 0 threat. The only time I was attacked was from 1 treachery, transition to stage 3 and twice to in order to engage and deal damage to the Balrog. It took 14 rounds because I was using Silvan trait deck, and it was difficult to muster up enough attack until late in the game.

There are no doomed cards in the deck so, as long as you quest successfully each round Galadriel keeps the Balrog tamed until your ready to attack.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#44 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

Shadow and Flame is the quest where you are set to 0 threat right away right? In that quest you could potentially avoid ever being attacked by the balrog if you use Galadriel. That's immensely powerful. Op is probably right: time mechanic is very important for keeping things challenging with cards like Galadriel around.

I gave S&F a try with Galadriel. I won In 14 rounds with 0 threat. The only time I was attacked was from 1 treachery, transition to stage 3 and twice to in order to engage and deal damage to the Balrog. It took 14 rounds because I was using Silvan trait deck, and it was difficult to muster up enough attack until late in the game.
There are no doomed cards in the deck so, as long as you quest successfully each round Galadriel keeps the Balrog tamed until your ready to attack.

Sound a bit boring no?

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#45 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

Sound a bit boring no?

Sure was, but I had to try it.
The only tension was making sure I quested sucessfully each round. If threat ever got beyond 1 I'd be in trouble, and probably lose miserably, since silvan will not be able to chump block to victory on this quest. Every allies attack value was critical to success.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#46 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

Regardless of your perception of how I say it, the stuff I say remains my opinion on the matter, and it can't be a fact until we see the actual text of the card. What I am judging from is bringing somebody from discard pile is a very powerful and rare ability. While in history of LotR, leadership allies tend to be overpriced because of natural resource richness of the sphere, while Orophin costs only 3 for his pretty good stats. Returning an acual ally from play to your hand may be a temporal disadvantage, thus the small cost of 3. Do I even need to say that it's just my analysis of matter in question and it does not pretends to be anything official and stuff?

No, this is a very good analysis, and I would almost tend to agree with it, had I not taken into account that all the events (of which we shall see four) shall be bringing allies from play, so I cannot think Orophin might as well. But that is really secondary, what I was a bit concerned about was the way you shared your opinion at first. It wasn't insulting but it felt sort of scornful which I don't think is appropriate here. Of course I would not take your opinions away from you, it just seemed you are trying to laugh off others'. Now we can wait and see who was closer to the truth with his guess -- but that, again, is just a side thing.

What information do we all have to says we will get a return to hand event for each sphere? I've only seen the lore and no mention/hint of the other. And definitely no confirmation of all 4.
You should look properly then. And perhaps speak less hastily of things others know more about. Lleimmoen is right, there is a Spirit version spoilt in the Nin-in-Eilph article, and Tactics in the Dunland Trap. Do you think if there are three, there will not be four?

That's why I asked a question so people could remind me. I didn't say anyone was wrong so idk why you are attacking me. And like I said we don't have any CONFIRMATION that there will be 4. I don't doubt there will be all 4 spheres but we don't have official news to state for a fact that we do.
What's the issue here? Nothing I said could have even been taken as aggressive.

#47 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

The Tree People, Island Amid Perils, Pursuing the Enemy.

Yeah of course, I totally forgot about Pursuing the Enemy. Thanks a lot.

#48 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

Regardless of your perception of how I say it, the stuff I say remains my opinion on the matter, and it can't be a fact until we see the actual text of the card. What I am judging from is bringing somebody from discard pile is a very powerful and rare ability. While in history of LotR, leadership allies tend to be overpriced because of natural resource richness of the sphere, while Orophin costs only 3 for his pretty good stats. Returning an acual ally from play to your hand may be a temporal disadvantage, thus the small cost of 3. Do I even need to say that it's just my analysis of matter in question and it does not pretends to be anything official and stuff?

No, this is a very good analysis, and I would almost tend to agree with it, had I not taken into account that all the events (of which we shall see four) shall be bringing allies from play, so I cannot think Orophin might as well. But that is really secondary, what I was a bit concerned about was the way you shared your opinion at first. It wasn't insulting but it felt sort of scornful which I don't think is appropriate here. Of course I would not take your opinions away from you, it just seemed you are trying to laugh off others'. Now we can wait and see who was closer to the truth with his guess -- but that, again, is just a side thing.

What information do we all have to says we will get a return to hand event for each sphere? I've only seen the lore and no mention/hint of the other. And definitely no confirmation of all 4.
You should look properly then. And perhaps speak less hastily of things others know more about. Lleimmoen is right, there is a Spirit version spoilt in the Nin-in-Eilph article, and Tactics in the Dunland Trap. Do you think if there are three, there will not be four?

That's why I asked a question so people could remind me. I didn't say anyone was wrong so idk why you are attacking me. And like I said we don't have any CONFIRMATION that there will be 4. I don't doubt there will be all 4 spheres but we don't have official news to state for a fact that we do.
What's the issue here? Nothing I said could have even been taken as aggressive.

Perhaps it's because your av looks so aggressive? :P

But yeah, I don't read your post as aggressive. And yes, it's totally ok to ask questions, and even to have an opinion,  even if some here already know the answer.

#49 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

And I do not see what is aggressive about my response. This really gets me on this side, people who say things freely feel attacked when someone tells them they were wrong. I certainly did not try to attack anyone, I felt like defending the one who was right. I would even apologize had I known for what. Peace people!

• Rapier likes this

#50 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

And I do not see what is aggressive about my response. This really gets me on this side, people who say things freely feel attacked when someone tells them they were wrong. I certainly did not try to attack anyone, I felt like defending the one who was right. I would even apologize had I known for what. Peace people!

Not a big deal, let's forget about it. :)
  • Rapier likes this

#51 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

I certainly don't think you're an aggressive person. However  sentence like "And perhaps speak less hastily of things others know more about" sounds a bit snotty. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but if someone said that thing to me I'd not be amused. ;)

• ZanzibarLand likes this

#52 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

I certainly don't think you're an aggressive person. However  sentence like "And perhaps speak less hastily of things others know more about" sounds a bit snotty. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but if someone said that thing to me I'd not be amused. ;)

I don't care to carry it on. But I'm glad you at least get where I was coming from.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS