Simple Speeders

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

An alliterative name for a basic deck!  Here's my Hoth Speeder deck.

2x Attack Pattern Delta

2x Hoth Operations

2x Preparation for Battle

2x Sensors are Placed

1x Hold the Line!

1x Echo Base Defense

Trying to even out the very aggressive Speeders in the first six sets with Echo Base itself to give myself extra objectives.  I like the Echo Defenders, too, what with all the Edge speeders.

I'm probably going to switch the last two sets out.  They don't feel so at home in the deck, and I think I might go with the new Hoth set in Knowledge and Defense instead.

It's fun to play this deck, because I'm usually more of a control Jedi kind of person.  Very refreshing to play a deck that goes all out.  It is making me feel more versatile as a player.

#2 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

This is my speeder list:

2x Against All Odds

2x Preparation for Battle

2x Attack Pattern Delta

2x Hoth Operations

2x Defense of Yavin IV

The idea of the deck is to overrun with speeders and give extra damage to every one of your speeders with Holding All the Cards (which helps filter for Rouge 3 and Enhancements, resources, and also helps make Attack Pattern Delta a wee bit better as you get a second chance to use it again since you filter more cards with it). Hoth Operations gives all your speeders edge, which is really powerful in this metagame. You also get a units like Dash and Rouge 3 that can one-off objectives in the right situation, making it possibly very deadly for the opponent quickly. So far the deck is 7-2 after my initial testing. Going to be playing with the deck a bit more to tweak it further (I want to add Blue Squadron Support somewhere...).

Edited by JMCB, 06 May 2014 - 12:33 AM.

• The Gas likes this

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#3 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

Cool!

I finally manned up and added the Prepare for Evacuation with the Vehicle protectors.  Took out Hold the Line! and one Sensors are Placed.

My first multi-affiliation deck.  I've been...corrupted. :o

#4 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

Vehicle Protect and the single most annoying objective ability ever. :-)

#5 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

I do feel kind of like a meanieface about it, but eh, what are you gonna do?

#6 JKoellner

JKoellner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

2x Y wing protectors
1x Blue leader
2x Rogue 3
2x Rogue 2
2x Red Two
1x Speeder tanks

This is the build I like most.
Star Wars LCG - Level Up Games Minneapolis Season One 2014 - Regional Game Night Champion

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS