Wyrm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Ok, I have Googled and Googled and I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question. 

For cards like Parasite or Wyrm, once applied, if the Runner drops my ICE to Strength 0 - is it immediately discarded without me having a chance to do anything?

My and my usual X-Wing Miniatures buddy are just getting into Netrunner and we ran into this twice last night. 

Can someone explain the trash of an installed, rezzed ice to me better than the manual which is kinda cloudy?

Other than that - just wanted to say that Netrunner is fast becoming my go-to game. I already ordered a few ex-packs. Can't believe how fun this game is. 

Thanks!

Rebels: (4)X-Wing,(2)Y-Wing,(3)B-Wing,(2)HWK,(1)YT-1300,(2)A-Wing,(1) GR-75,(1)CR90,(2)E-Wing,(4)Z-95

Imps: (5)TIEs,(3)Squints,(3)Lambda,(2)Firespray,(1)TIE Advanced,(3) TIE Bomber,(2) Defender,(2)Phantom

"What the hell is an aluminum falcon?" - Robot Chicken

#2 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

Ok, if ICE is reduced to Strength 0 - it's Strength 0. That's it. Some ICE (see Rototurret) even starts here!

However, if that ICE also has a Parasite hosted on it; yes, it is immediately trashed. The Corp can't do anything about it.

If there is any ICE remaining outside this position on the server, for convenience you 'collapse' down (you can't do anything with the space left behind; for all game purposes there IS no space there, so it's neater to just pull the other ICE down so it's in line with other servers).

#3 frybender

frybender

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

I'd also like to add that not only can the ice be strength 0 it can be negative strength as well (and you still don't have to trash it). This is rare, but can be relevant for breakers like Atman.

• CommissarFeesh, Monkerton and jeffmcormick like this

#4 jeffmcormick

jeffmcormick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

@frybender, I never knew that, I'll be sure to use that rule to my advantage one day lol

#5 frybender

frybender

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

@frybender, I never knew that, I'll be sure to use that rule to my advantage one day lol

Yep, the most common example usually given is a Rototurret with an ice carver out becomes impossible to break for Atman at any strength.

#6 Nine

Nine

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

So I take it that you still need a breaker to pass minus strength ice?

#7 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

So I take it that you still need a breaker to pass minus strength ice?

If the ICE has an end the run subroutine, yes. Strength (as mentioned before) is only relevant for ICE and Icebreaker interaction, or other card effects which specifically reference ICE Strength. It has no inherent effect by itself.

Edited by CommissarFeesh, 09 May 2014 - 10:58 AM.

• etherial likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS