Fortune and glory to the ol

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ser Folly

Ser Folly

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

Well friends. The heroes decided on fortune and glory as interlude. Their group is strong on searching and movement and Jane fairwood was just given the bloody armor from lair of the wyrm.

I strongly want to win because of my advantage in the first act two quests.but 7 or more rounds in encounter 2 seem to be quite long....

We have lotw and lor and I'm playing basic 2 with net traps and the punisher cards that grant extra monster movement. Also I play the Eliza farrow plot mainly using healing effects.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-/

Descent - Star Wars LCG - Netrunner - X-Wing - Arkham Horror - Elder Sign - Battlestar Galactica - Warhammer: Diskwars - Kingsburg - Edge of the Empire - Civilization - Bloodbowl Teammanager - Rune Age - Letters from Whitechapel - Cadwallon - Lord of the Rings LCG ... looks like I love FFG stuff :huh:

#2 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

I have only played this once. The party was strong (sorry, I don't remember it well. It was last year), but crafty was I.

I stalled out, as in made it hard for the heroes to move through my beasts. I did what I like to call progressive road blocks. I block a way till the heroes can move up close. On my turn I hit them with the beast and move them back, forcing the heroes to move up closer to hit. Often times this robs them of a second strike the following turn.

With Eliza's deck you can keep them strong. I love making sure that an attack from a hero will leave at least one health on the beast. This forces them to make another strike on the beast before they can move on. Even if you know that the beast will fall that turn, it's never a bad idea to force them to consume another action to finally put him down. That's one less action for their goal.

Lastly, try not to make the tokens obvious or you won't get your guys. Try to be crafty with it. Also, don't set up your monsters to point in what direction you are trying to protect.

In the second half I just flat out killed all the heroes. There was no strategy when the healer had 8 infection tokens on him and was separated from the group. I had all my cards in hand and so between unholy ritual and dropping heroes, I always had outbreak. It was ugly. I won ugly.

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS