Revenge Of The Fifth!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 LibrariaNPC

LibrariaNPC

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

I'm not one to let Star Wars Day end on May The Fourth, so I thought I'd see if we can get some good things going for Revenge Of The Fifth.

So, comment on your favorite villain experiences! Favorite Sith, best revenge plot, things you (or your GM/Emperor) has done that made the whole table go "ooooh. . ." with regards to cunning and underhandedness, etc.

Share them if you can!

• 2P51 likes this

"Smilies exist because no one's bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic

LibrariaNPC's Starship Yard (Fighters and Freighter chapters as PDFs!)

#2 hencook

hencook

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

Favorite Sith

Darth Talon

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#3 Big Damn Hero

Big Damn Hero

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

Is this a thing?

Can it be a thing!?

Darth Talon

I didn't read past like the first volume of Star Wars: Legacy, so didn't see a lot of Darth Talon. Is she more interesting than another Sith femme fatale? I have to admit that I was put off by her outfit...

Anyway, I'm gonna be boring and say that my favourite Sith is Darth Vader. Second place is Darth Traya, because KotOR 2 was amazing in part because of her.

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#4 Kaalamity

Kaalamity

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Favorite Sith

I'm always divided with this. In terms of the most devious, successful, and intelligent Sith, I always need to go with Party Poppa Palpatine.

In terms of appearance, personality, and badassery; Darth Krayt.

• LibrariaNPC likes this

Check out Edge of Tamriel, my TES-themed Edge of the Empire Conversion

#5 LibrariaNPC

LibrariaNPC

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Is this a thing?

Can it be a thing!?

I figured I've seen a lot of philosoraptor around with the comment about Revenge of the Fifth, I was thinking why can't it be a thing?

philosoraptor.jpg

That said, I figured it'd be nice to see what the gaming community had to say about such a topic in their gaming experience :-D

Darth Talon

I didn't read past like the first volume of Star Wars: Legacy, so didn't see a lot of Darth Talon. Is she more interesting than another Sith femme fatale? I have to admit that I was put off by her outfit...

Anyway, I'm gonna be boring and say that my favourite Sith is Darth Vader. Second place is Darth Traya, because KotOR 2 was amazing in part because of her.

Darth Talon was a bit of eye candy to me. I didn't see too much background on her, though, so maybe there's a book out there that goes into her background beyond the basic Sithy stuff (and her role within the story, of course).

#6 Big Damn Hero

Big Damn Hero

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

Darth Talon was a bit of eye candy to me. I didn't see too much background on her, though, so maybe there's a book out there that goes into her background beyond the basic Sithy stuff (and her role within the story, of course).

I consider a character's background one of the least important aspects in a story, unless the story heavily involves their background. It's what she does during the story that counts, to me. And all I saw her doing in Legacy was parading around in a bikini and flirt-fighting with Edward Kenway, I mean Cade Skywalker (not a criticism, I just think they look alike :) ).

So she doesn't do much else in the plot? Or is she secretly awesome and hiding behind a cloak of mediocrity?

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#7 Simon Fix

Simon Fix

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

No no no... it's all wrong.

• Yesterday was Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you.)
  • Today is Cinco de Mayo, where you eat lots of yummy Mexican and Tex-Mex food.
  • Tomorrow, when the body has to process all that food, it's Revenge of the Sixth.

(But if you like your revenge a day early, that's fine, too.)

My favorite Sith has to be... well, Darth Praxis, but I made him up.  (My current favorite because he's sort of behind all the really nasty stuff going in our Edge of the Empire campaign.)  If I had to go with one from an established Star Wars story, I'd have to choose...

• ... Revan for his flip-floppy redemption plot.
  • ... Talon for the obvious depth of character she broug--- what...?
  • ... Plagueis for being one mean bastage.
  • ... Maul, for his split personality.
  • ... Krayt for his badassery.
            -and-
  • ... Vader for being the first Darth we ever met, and the best.

Edited by Simon Fix, 05 May 2014 - 08:14 AM.

• Liloki, whafrog and LibrariaNPC like this

#8 LokisCoyote

LokisCoyote

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

Favorite sith? 

Maul despite his under developed character, even the return of Maul in the Clone Wars didn't develop him as much as I'd liked to have seen. 

Bane, there was just something about Bane I liked. 

Does my Sith Juggernaut in SWTOR count? I liked him, nice and evil and a pure blood sith.  

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#9 swiftdraw

swiftdraw

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

Darth Sideous (Palpatine), to me, is the greatest. He hit all the check boxes for sith lord: manipulative, strong in the force, very good combatant, and thought everyone else were just his playthings to entertain him for the rest of his soon to be eternal life. He was probably the greatest of the bunch.*

Runners up in no particular order:

Spoiler

*Full disclosure: I never played a Star Wars game where you play as a Jedi. So no Old Republic and no KotOR. As such I can't give a good opinion on the Sithiness of those guys.

• whafrog likes this

#10 bull30548

bull30548

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

Favorite Sith?

I always was partial to Dooku myself he had an elegance to how he fought and I loved his lightsaber hilt. This is only from a movie perspective because I still haven't finished Clone Wars.

Favorite Dark Character though?

Definantly Kir Kanos from Crimson Empire comic that guy was just a badass royal guard.but uncompromising in his beliefs he always  stayed loyal. 

Is it Revenge of the Sith?

Yes. It fell on a Monday which is obviously getting its revenge on in the way of having to return to work for most.

• kaosoe and LibrariaNPC like this

SPACE GUINEA PIGS TO THE RESCUE!!!!!

#11 LibrariaNPC

LibrariaNPC

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

No no no... it's all wrong.

• Yesterday was Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you.)
  • Today is Cinco de Mayo, where you eat lots of yummy Mexican and Tex-Mex food.
  • Tomorrow, when the body has to process all that food, it's Revenge of the Sixth.

(But if you like your revenge a day early, that's fine, too.)

Valid, but I disagree (especially since I can't do Tex-Mex anymore without possible death). Besides, both Fifth and Sixth have parts that sound like Sith, so it all balances out.

Is it Revenge of the Sith?

Yes. It fell on a Monday which is obviously getting its revenge on in the way of having to return to work for most.

This is why it is perfect for this year.

#12 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

Favorite Sith

Dooku than Talon.

Revan would have been number one until they retroconned things so his Sith Fleet was made up of duplicates of Republic designs and thousand year old Sith battleships rather than alien designs he apparently found with the Star Forge, as was stated in the Knights of the Old Republic video game. I could forgive him using the cheap junk Sith Interceptors when he had no choice but since he had access to vastly superior Republic designs, its different. I know most Sith or Imperial fleets that we have seen go the swarm of cheap fighters route but most Sith Lords don't have access to better designs and don't have thefront line experience to realize that in the long run the swarm of cheap, unshielded fighters route costs more resources than it saves and Revan should have realized that if he was really the military genius the stories claim he was.

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#13 Serif Marak

Serif Marak

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

I finished writing the first chapter for the adventure that I am gonna run in my group.

So, there's that.

EDIT:  Oh, right, bad guys....

Ummmmm, I killed off one of the NPCs at the end of it.  It felt awesome.

Am I a bad guy now?

Edited by Serif Marak, 05 May 2014 - 02:16 PM.

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#14 segara82

segara82

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

1. Palpatine with his brilliant scheme to bring down the Republic and the Jedi.

2. Vader ... his OT appearance is just too badass

3. Dooku, you can never go wrong with Sir Christopher Lee

4. Maul, they gave him a good scheeming for his return in TCW

5. all the other Sith since i did not read a book about them.

• LibrariaNPC likes this

Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear

#15 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Vader, all others pale...... :angry:

• LibrariaNPC likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#16 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

Revan, but I'm choosing to ignore the Old Republic MMO storyline :)

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#17 hencook

hencook

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

Best Sith ever:

Dark Empire Spoilers

Spoiler

• LibrariaNPC likes this

#18 DanteRotterdam

DanteRotterdam

• Members
  • 970 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

My favorite Sith has to be... well, Darth Praxis

This is so funny as Praxis is DIY store in the Netherlands, where I live, so too me that is the least threatening name ever. Sort of like Darth Home Depot for you guys...
  • Merlin82 and LibrariaNPC like this

#19 AgentJ

AgentJ

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Today is Cinco de mayo.

aka party time, that is all.

#20 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

My favorite Sith Lord?

My GM...  He sure can be an evil a$$.   :D

• kaosoe, LibrariaNPC and 2P51 like this

Proud Member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS