Leia on tantive iv?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 teajay33

teajay33

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

I'm guessing we will get a Leia passenger card w the tantive iv ship coming out shortly (already seen the c3po and r2..

Anyone have any guesses what she would do? Something spyish? Something to do w diplomatic immunity?:)

#2 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

"When defending, knock the dice out of your opponents hand and call him a 'scruffy looking nerf-herder'. Then receive one stress token."

• Qapla187, stegocent, Coshuda and 3 others like this
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#3 Muz

Muz

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

Or kiss your brother and everyone else receives a stress token....

• bsmith13, SteveSpikes, VanorDM and 12 others like this

Rebel Alliance Squadrons:

5 X-wing, 2 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 5 B-wing, 3 E-wing, 1 Z-95, 2 YT 1300, 1 GR-75, 1 Tantive IV, pre-order YT-2400

Imperial Navy:

6 TIE fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 2 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Bomber, 1 Fire Spray, 1 Shuttle, 1 TIE Defender, 1 TIE Phantom, pre-order Decimator

#4 Dagonet

Dagonet

• Members
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

Well, it's not much of a guess as you can see the card in the preview articles. :P.

#5 TheRealStarkiller

TheRealStarkiller

Scourge Of The Galaxy

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

I guess she will be a one-time use like the chewy card.

1 Maybe 2 additional actions, huge ships only.

You want to see her on the falcon?

How about:

"If your attack hits you immidiatly may perform an action shown on your action bar" ... this may be OP but ... shes Leia.

FFG tend to give rebels 'OP characters these days, so this would fit.

If there was an 'Emperor Crew Card' it would read like:

"Destroy one of your own ships in range 1 to .... " (your sinister idea here)

Sir, rebel transports sighted \                              / Affirmative.                                                           

(-o-)  (-o-)    (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)    (-o-)  (-o-) 

Excellent! Gamma wing, prepare for torpedo run. We'll provide cover.

|-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   (<o>)   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   

#6 Animewarsdude

Animewarsdude

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

....call forth a 1/270 scale star destroyer to crush your opponent?

• stegocent likes this

#7 macar

macar

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

....call forth a 1/270 scale star destroyer to crush your opponent?

Action: Force Lightning in Space!~!~!

Range 1-2, target enemy ship suffers 2 damage and all ships within range 1 also suffer one damage. All ships hit receive one ion token

2013 Regional Winner:

2013 Top 16 at Nationals (US)

2014 Store Championship Winner-Game Preserve Fashion Mall

2014 Ohio State Regional Winner-Epic Loot & Games

#8 Ryther

Ryther

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

Leia - 8 pts - discard her to discard all damage that have been asigned toyour ship this turn.  Something like that. Or maybe, 6pts - Leia turns all focus to hit or evade.

"Truth suffers from too much analysis."

Frank Herbert

#9 bbalak

bbalak

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

Or kiss your brother and everyone else receives a stress token....

Or question your opponents height and masculinity in a snarky manner, and they receive a stress token.

#10 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Looking at it from a more serious perspective, Leia is a leader, a diplomat, and a figurehead. I'd be trying to model diplomatic immunity on her... There's no better way than as a higher cost Rebel Captive that gives out two stress tokens or something along that line.

#11 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Or maybe, 6pts - Leia turns all focus to hit or evade.

ಠ_ಠ

6 points is a little low for essentially an infinite supply of focus tokens. Lol

#12 NotBatman

NotBatman

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:49 AM

Looking at it from a more serious perspective, Leia is a leader, a diplomat, and a figurehead. I'd be trying to model diplomatic immunity on her... There's no better way than as a higher cost Rebel Captive that gives out two stress tokens or something along that line.

A Rebel Captive-esque card should come with an Imperial ship, though.

What did she do on the Tantive? She bought some time and was able to sneak the plans off ship... She generally berated everyone around her for most of the movie... They'll almost certainly have given her an ability that would also work on the Falcon...

#13 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

A Rebel Captive-esque card should come with an Imperial ship, though.

What did she do on the Tantive? She bought some time and was able to sneak the plans off ship... She generally berated everyone around her for most of the movie... They'll almost certainly have given her an ability that would also work on the Falcon...
And she constantly harangued her pursuers about it beng a diplomatic ship, illegal to fire upon, mission of mercy etc. Why would it come on an imperial ship when she's exploiting imperial law to make it hard to shoot her?

#14 NotBatman

NotBatman

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

And she constantly harangued her pursuers about it beng a diplomatic ship, illegal to fire upon, mission of mercy etc. Why would it come on an imperial ship when she's exploiting imperial law to make it hard to shoot her?

Ok, I see where you're going now...

Even so, the Empire seemed to have already made up it's mind that she was a Rebel and her ship was a fair target. I could see that as another crew card, but I expect Leia to be something that would work (thematically) just as well on the Falcon.

#15 Rodrigo Istalindir

Rodrigo Istalindir

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

Maybe 'Diplomatic Immunity' could be an anti-Biggs -- redirect the attack to a friendly ship within Range 1.

#16 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Ok, I see where you're going now...

Even so, the Empire seemed to have already made up it's mind that she was a Rebel and her ship was a fair target. I could see that as another crew card, but I expect Leia to be something that would work (thematically) just as well on the Falcon.
You're probably right. The issue being she never does anything on the Falcon(except whine, occasionally fix things, and the whole Han Romance thing.) It works as thematically as anything else, given that Vader says, "I want them Alive." That fits with the Stress thing too.(Although it wasn't just Leia behind that... But it fits. Kind of. As Force intuition protecting his daughter.

#17 HawkZ71

HawkZ71

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

She was a good shot in all 3 movies.  Giver her some ability that enhances a ships attack % to hit.  Maybe turn one blank to hit...or add another attack dice.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS