Photo

Expansion Boxes - What do you do with them?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 asfaloth

asfaloth

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

I use them to keep their Encounter cards inside.

As for the Player cards of every exp/ap, I use deck boxes to store them.

#22 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

They're really just lying around, at the moment. I wouldn't throw them away, though - the artwork is beautiful. I'm thinking about putting them up on the wall or something.

You must be single?

My wife would never allow such a thing...

Haha! I have a fiancée, actually, and her absolutely devastating the encounter deck with Gloin/Gimli/Bifur recently made me realise I made the right choice. But no, by "lying around" I mean lying around in my old hobby room in my parents' cellar. Yup, feel free to visualise the nerdiness... I keep my LotR and SW Lego there as well.

Edited by Olorin93, 13 May 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#23 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

yeah, just keep them nicely lined up, with the ecounter cards inside...they look so lovely on my fireplace :D

• Catastrophic09 likes this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#24 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

I immediately throw away the box and any inserts. All of the inserts are available in pdf form on the Support page for that game. I have my iPad next to me when I play, and have the rule book, FAQ, and every insert on that. It saves space and time. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#25 karagh

karagh

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

I immediately throw away the box and any inserts. All of the inserts are available in pdf form on the Support page for that game. I have my iPad next to me when I play, and have the rule book, FAQ, and every insert on that. It saves space and time. 

An ipad isn't very thematic... Using paper accesories IS THE WAY to play LotR.

#26 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

yeah, just keep them nicely lined up, with the ecounter cards inside...they look so lovely on my fireplace :D

"What about that expansion box of yours? Is it staying?"
"Yes, yes. It's right over there on the fireplace."

"... no, wait; it's... here in my pocket... isn't that odd, now?"
  • John85 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS