Photo

Expansion Boxes - What do you do with them?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

I'm curious what you guys do with your expansion boxes.  For me, I use the whole box as dividers between encounter sets in a very big card storage box.  Some people cut out the front of the AP and use that as a divider but I use the whole box.  They are like free artwork dividers so that's why I do it.  For all the deluxe/Saga boxes, I gave the inside cardboard part to the ever chewing/gnawing gerbils in the house.  They made short work of that..... :lol: And I stacked the boxes of the deluxe/saga exp. in a corner. How about you guys?  

Khamul

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 04 May 2014 - 09:17 PM.

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#2 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

I keep the adventures inside their own boxes, and use the boxes as dividers for the quests from the sagas and core within card collector boxes.

#3 BioDio

BioDio

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

Can someone show some picks of those dividers? (Just curious)

#4 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

I keep all of my encounter cards in their original boxes respectively. Therefore my LOTR LCG collection takes up a lot of space but I'm perfectly cool with that. For me I could never cut up any of the boxes, it would feel like I'm ruining something ;) but I certainly understand why many people do!

#5 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

I haven't found any use for them yet. So far they're just occupying what could be emoty space.

#6 born to lose

born to lose

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

threw them all out   I don't have enough space for boxes in the closet anymore :(

Edited by born to lose, 05 May 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#7 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

I like boxes for some reason.
I never throw them out or cut them up.
Got a whole lot of em stored in my cellar. (Video games mostly)
To me, it's nice to grab a box once in a while and look at it.
Why people would cut them up is beyond me.
But hey, each to his own.
  • Catastrophic09 likes this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#8 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

I drop them in the recycle bin. Don't have space to keep loads of cardboard boxes.

#9 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

Destroying your LotR boxes? What blasphemy is this?!

#10 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

I keep all of the boxes on a bookshelf. All of the cards I keep in big hardware boxes that work perfectly as card holders. I wish I could keep all of my cards in their original boxes, but because I use clear sleeves on all of them they don't fit.

Blasphemy indeed! ;-)

#11 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

I stash mine in the Core/Expansion/Saga boxes and other other big game box I have lying around (mainly from FFG; anyone else notice they have this fascination of "bigger than needed" boxes...? >_> ). I can't see myself throw the AP boxes out. I'm kind of a pack rat anyhow lol

#12 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

I hate the expansion boxes cause they're totally useless for storing cards. Yeah they're pretty but they're pretty impractical. It would be awesome if instead they would be like Mtg's fat packs, those are amazing for storing cards... Hmmm maybe I've found a use for the boxes...

• karagh likes this

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#13 gman707

gman707

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

I keep the adventure pack boxes in one, spare cards in another, the gencon packs in another and the rule sheets in the fourth. Black riders is still in it's own box and I dont have voice of isengard yet.

My three decks and all the game components and quest decks are in the coreset box.

#14 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

They're really just lying around, at the moment. I wouldn't throw them away, though - the artwork is beautiful. I'm thinking about putting them up on the wall or something.

#15 ossderossmane

ossderossmane

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I put two expansions of encounter cards in one pack, and use the remaining packs for player cards. Haven't found a good use for the saga/deluxe boxes so far, though I sometimes use one for a single deck plus some scenarios, tokens and a threat counter when travelling.

#16 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

They're really just lying around, at the moment. I wouldn't throw them away, though - the artwork is beautiful. I'm thinking about putting them up on the wall or something.

You must be single?

My wife would never allow such a thing...
  • DurinIII and Olorin93 like this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#17 Kerstoid

Kerstoid

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

Can someone show some picks of those dividers? (Just curious)

Here's an article about them on my blog: https://masteroflore...-card-dividers/

Here's how I make them :

And here they are:

img_0555.jpg

Edited by Kerstoid, 09 May 2014 - 12:15 AM.

• Nerdmeister, divinityofnumber and danpoage like this

My blog at Master of Lore -- Articles on Tolkien's world as seen through the LOTR LCG.

#18 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Awesome Kerstoid.

Now I wonder why I never thought about doing it like that. Too late now; most are in the bin.

• Kerstoid likes this

#19 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

Uh... I don't think I could ever force myself to cut the boxes...

#20 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

I did the exact same thing as Kerstoid except I didn't cut all the boxes; I just used the whole AP as a divider.  Works fine.   

• Kerstoid likes this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS