Strider's Path

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

When you use Strider's Path on a location, you don't count that location's threat right?  Just seems almost too powerful.  When there isn't any active location, you can get rid of a 4 threat location AND stop its nasty effect.  

Thanks

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#2 awp832

awp832

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

sure,  if there is no active location.   If there is an active location though -which is most of the time-   you trade one effect for another (hopefully less nasty) effect, and one threat cost in the staging area for another threat cost in the staging area.   It's allright,  I'm not sure it's better than Secret Paths though.

#3 kyrie

kyrie

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Yes, you are correct. It can be pretty powerful. This is what made Thror's Map almost broken before it got errata. Strider's Path is good at the beginning of game when there is no active location, otherwise, it is just helpful to avoid travel effects and possibly exchange active location for a lower threat one.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

#4 tacomen253

tacomen253

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Strider's Path is a great card in the lore sphere for location management. I am a huge fan of it when I face encounter decks with around a half dozen location cards with nasty Travel effects. But if they are just locations without much Travel effects then I agree with awp823, Secret Paths may be your better option. I will actually be seeking Secret Paths today while scouting through The Long Dark.

Oh is this not the Strategy Thread? ^_^

Edited by tacomen253, 06 May 2014 - 10:47 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS