Voice of Azaroth Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Yemon

Yemon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

Spoilers ahead about Forsaken Lore mystery.

I always play random investigators and AO so in my first FL game I drew Azathoth. My third mystery is "Voice of Azathoth" which reads "When an investigator would gain an Artifact, he may gain the Massa di Requiem per Shuggy Artifact instead. At the end of the mythos Phase an investigator may spend clues equal to 'investigator symbol' and discard the Massa di Requiem per Shuggy Artifact to solve this mystery."

Am I to assume that the same investigator must discard the clues to solve the mystery? The card does not say 'any investigator' but it does not specify the same investigator or any investigator in particular.

Further from the context it appears the investigator must have the Artifact in order to discard it. But could one investigator gain the artifact and then trade it to another with the clues? Again, from the context of the card I think this would be acceptable.

This is how I am going to play and hopefully am close to the win. Just need to go on expedition and have others pick up clues.

Any thoughts?

Yemon, Guardian of the Gate :ph34r:

Edited by Yemon, 04 May 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#2 C2K

C2K

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

You can trade anything except improvement tokens, health tokens, sanity tokens, and condition cards.

And yes, 1 investigator must have everything. 

Edited by C2K, 04 May 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

Seconded. It's "an investigator", and not "investigators". So, get the artifact, and the clues and find a way for a single investigator to have everything to discard and solve the Mystery

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

You are right, man. You can't discard a card you don't have, but you CAN have that card traded to you, so let's say Leo has the Requiem and Norman has the clues. Either Norman could trade the clues to Leo, or Leo could trade the Artifact to Norman, and then whoever had both could solve the Mystery.

• Julia likes this

#5 Yemon

Yemon

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

Well. I lost by Doom track at zero on my last mythos card when the reckoning for the Massa di Requiem per Shuggy went off and I rolled a 1. If I hadn't lost by doom I would've lost by mythos depletion. I had two investigators go on 3 expeditions before I got one that let me take the artifact (3 turns) and had two other investigators each with 3 clues. I ignored everything else so the doom track started advancing quickly and just couldn't get the investigators together in the end. One more turn and I would've had it.

Yemon, Guardian of the gate :ph34r:

Edited by Yemon, 05 May 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

You wouldn't have lost by Mythos depletion in case doom were stopped: being asked to draw a card from a depleted deck implies the Mythos phase ends and the game with it, but not drawing (this is important) makes you reach the end of the Mythos, where two things happen:

a) you lose the game due to Mythos depletion

b) you win the game if the third Mystery was solved during the final round

In case these two things happen, investigators win the game (as stated in the Ref Book). So: if Massa had worked, you'd have had a full round to score the victory

• Wolfgar likes this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS