Next big box and small box expansions - ideas

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Ok, so I was looking at many expansions for Descent 1e and all Runebound expansions and saw that maybe in the near future we will see something similar for Descent 2e. I mean in both titles there was a sea expansion, a frozen expansions with snowy terain and in Runebound it had even a Jungle expansion. Of course in Runebound we had even a sand expansions but in D2e we have a similar title - LoR.

So what will come after Manor of Ravens? Becouse I'm sure there will be a small box and a big box. I'm especialy curiuos for the small one becouse it will bring two new classes for Mage and Healer. And one more time looking at Runebound I wonder if there will be a Battle Mage class? I would love to see each theme that I mentioned made but something alwasy will come first and other later. I would be hard for me to choose.

I t looks like Manor of Ravens will be avaliable August/September and in the meantime H&MC will be released. So the next box would be not sooner then November/December. For me the releases of every month a new expansion for Descent is great and personaly I glad FFG does it. Also I hope they will keep it this way, a month without a Descent expansion is a month lost. ;p

What do You think when will we see a next small and big box? And what would You like it to be?

Cheers

#2 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

I don't think there will be another box this year, more in Q1 2015

I want werewolves and treant as monsters

Druid as hero class (healer base with morphing)

haunted forest theme

#3 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Ocean! ^.^ I will harp on this till it happens. I love the ocean and would love to see something work for Descent.

• Ringskipper likes this

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

#4 Mowca

Mowca

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

Hello, as I mentioned before I would like to see an undead themed expansion in ice caves/tombs/city. 

#5 Bladen

Bladen

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

I would like to see a defense theme big box expansion. What does it mean ? Imagine fort, which heroes will develop throught campaing, quests like : If the heroes attemp to rescue kidnaped militia, they will have militia on their side when the finall battle begins (final battle - end of campaign), another quest sample: building wooden palise around fort, rebuilding destroyed armory (better armor, for militia or more trade card in trade step in campaing), protecting trade caravan, building balista... etc.. I image the fort as the 4 big map tiles connected together with many "unclockable"buildings, NPC which are unlocked throught campaing. Overlors plan is to conquer that fort and the Overlord will gain more power to final battle throught quest winning (win one quest - gain catapult on final battle...) This sounds realy interesting and original for me.

• Kunzite likes this

#6 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:01 AM

Sounds like something out of a video game I have played but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of.

It's original as far as board gaming goes though as far as I am aware.

#7 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

I would also love 2 more expansion types :

- Uthuk lands and monsters

- New mounted goblins monster (on warg, or something)

#8 amoshias

amoshias

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

I have an awesome idea for the next expansion:

Take another year to produce it, actually do some proofreading and playtesting, be more concerned with quality than making as quick a buck as possible.

I doubt they'll follow my idea though.

• Kunzite likes this

#9 griton

griton

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

Sounds like something out of a video game I have played but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of.

Are you thinking of the old-school (1990) classic Rampart?

#10 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

Nah it was a newer more modern 3d RPG from a few years back.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS