Cards that could have been better...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

I don't have a problem with location specific player cards like the ones that are only good in Moria.

Things like Gandalf Search though (completely useless) should never have seen the light of day.

There's a use for Gandalf's search.
You can make your deck smaller, so you get to the cards you want faster.
How? When you draw GS, pay 1 to draw a card.
Presto! Fewer cards in your deck.

Edited by Noccus, 05 May 2014 - 08:59 PM.

• Nerdmeister likes this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#22 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

All that said, the other cards you mentioned, like Gandalf Search, Power in the Earth, etc., I haven't found to be all that useful.  They're just too little bang for too much buck.

Again: not that I have been using it awful lot myself, but in regards to Gandalf´s Search I could imagine a sort of deck that tries to rely on a lot of different types of events and only include (for the sake of the argument) one copy of said event, in order to have a whole host of different answers to potential problems to problems. This has the advantage of potentially being able to have a tailored solution to every problem but also the distinct disadvantage of losing deck consistency. Part of the solution to such an inconsistency could be to include Imladris Stargazer and Gandalf´s Search in a combo; if you can remember the order of your deck after using Imladris Stargazer then Gandalf´s Search practically ups your hand size by 5 cards; the challenge then is to be able to determine which of those events is most likely to have potential (to reduce cost of GS) as well as remembering the order. To reduce the strain on resources I´d recommend events with as low a cost as possible.

• Morithain and ZanzibarLand like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS