Photo

I'm worried . . . I can't find my minis.

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#21 Euph3m1sm

Euph3m1sm

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Mothers

... in 1988, shortly after I had moved out, mine sold all of my Star Wars figures(had everything from '78 on including mail order), for .25¢ a piece at a yard sale. She gave me the money that was made off the sale saying, "This is what you got for all your toys".

I have a similar tale of woe.
All that I have left is my Millenium Falcon.

#22 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

hmm the moms i know usually only move stuff around when its left out in a place it shouldn't be.... Just saying!!    As a Dad myself the only time i move my Daughter's stuff is when SHE leaves her stuff all over the house.. I usually just fling it into her room as i am cleaning...  -_-

• VanorDM, knasserII and t7thunders like this

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#23 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

My stuff lives on the highest shelf of my office, where the kids can't get to it and where the wife knows better than to. Bummer on all of you who lost things. I sympathize but have the opposite problem, I keep having to tell my mom it is ok to get rid of stuff.

Best of luck though while it would be fun to unbox my collection again, it would not be fun to pay for it a second time.
  • Swedge likes this
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#24 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

My mother is the prime suspect. She moves things . . . lots of things . . .

I'll probably find them somewhere where I would never think to look for them.

It's sometimes scary when "honest" people just move your 'toys' around without any real concern about how much they are actually messing with.

• MerryVulture and Stelar 7 like this

#25 Nematode

Nematode

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

deleted

Edited by Nematode, 03 May 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#26 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

This is the reason I live in the basement and never let my mother come downstairs... ;)

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#27 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3ud5r7
  • Digitalkiller likes this

#28 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

It's sometimes scary when "honest" people just move your 'toys' around without any real concern about how much they are actually messing with.

I know. Understand, I don't *hate* her or anything. It's just incredibly frustrating to find my things missing when I look for them in the place I had left them.

Rebel Alliance: 7 X-wings, 5 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90, 5 Z-95 Headhunters, 1 E-wing

Galactic Empire: 7 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers, 2 TIE Interceptors, 3 181st TIE interceptors, 3 Royal Guard Interceptors

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

#29 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

I really should sell off my entire MtG collection someday before someone gets the idea that they should just throw out all of those "worthless" cards.

#30 PJSkittles

PJSkittles

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

My dad use to tell me: if its not where it should be, look where it shouldn't be.

• Swedge likes this

#31 Gosric

Gosric

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

I hope they show up. Minis are always a hard thing to lose, whether by simple loss or by theft it sucks royally

The Sea of Stars will be my home, Under the black flag of freedom

http://lorelei-shipy...blr.com/archive

https://www.shapeway...ric?sort=newest

#32 berusplants

berusplants

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

I'm missing an R2 card.

I've lost my Blue Squad B cards :( 

4 Ties, 2 Advanceds, 2 Bombers, 3 Squints (inc Aces), 2 Defenders, 1 Phantom, 1 Firespray and 2 Shuttles.

3Xs, 2Ys 3Bs, 3As (inc Aces), 1E, 3Z95s, 1 HWK, 1 YT1200 and a Transport.

#33 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

This why I keep my stuff in the garage, not a chance my wife will go mess with it there. The boy is another story...
  • rym likes this

Enimo Et Fide

#34 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

I really should sell off my entire MtG collection someday before someone gets the idea that they should just throw out all of those "worthless" cards.

I gave all of my old cards to a friend of mine when I joined the army, a friend who didn't even play. Now some of those cards are worth $75 or more. :(

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 04 May 2014 - 12:28 PM.

It's not easy being green.

#35 Patriarch

Patriarch

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

"If it's not one thing, it's your mother."

Anyway, my mum just told me she met Kenny Baker. Apparently they have the same chiropodist. KB is really nice, very down to earth. Can't believe she never told me!

Back on topic, I hope your stuff has just taken a holiday to the back of the closet and is none the worse for wear. That would drive me crackers...

#36 Millennium Falsehood

Millennium Falsehood

• Members
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

I've been completely through the house. I mean that in a very literal sense: I've looked in every conceivable location, and barring a hidden portal to the nether, these minis are nowhere to be found.

I'm thinking it was an act of thievery, because the backpack I had them in is a very nice one that cost me $40:

IMG_1840.jpg

I'm getting depressed. Not because of the loss, though that certainly doesn't help matters. I feel violated . . . like my stuff is just stuff to take. I've been the target of theft plenty of times. I have a lock on my door, and it would stay locked were it not for my parents who complain loudly and often when I do that (even though they are welcome to a key; I have two).

I feel really lousy right now.

Rebel Alliance: 7 X-wings, 5 Y-wings, 4 A-wings, 1 YT-1300, 2 HWK-290s, 3 B-wings, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90, 5 Z-95 Headhunters, 1 E-wing

Galactic Empire: 7 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lambda class Shuttle, 3 TIE Bombers, 2 TIE Interceptors, 3 181st TIE interceptors, 3 Royal Guard Interceptors

"Main characters defeat a Star Trek villain? Give 'em a Star Wars celebration!"

#37 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

I'm really sorry man. That sucks. :(

#38 HunterEste

HunterEste

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Did you bring your minis to a gaming store recently? Gamer communities are notorious for being breeding pits for cleptomaniacs. Every gaming community I've been a part of has had at least 1 or 2 little scumbags with 'sticky fingers'. Eventually they get caught, but not before alot of stuff vanishes.

#39 Boomer_J

Boomer_J

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

Do you think they took them out of your house or car? Have you checked your car or trunk?

#40 Wondergecko

Wondergecko

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

So sorry to hear that, man. Hopefully they still manage to turn up.

Edited by Wondergecko, 04 May 2014 - 07:31 PM.

An X-wing compatible terrain and miniatures Kickstarter (in the making):
www.pewpewminis.wordpress.com

My miniature adventures: www.instagram.com/table_top_gun

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS