Photo

What skills/effects do you or others forget to do the most?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kerred

kerred

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

When playing in a crowded FLGS, it seems hard for players to remember all their abilities and what not.

Some of the most common things I have to keep reminding players of constantly:

- Nimble skill, as OL I often stop and look at the hero with nimble, and even I forget so the skill has become barely used at all.

- Word of Misery, OLs seem to forget it a lot, I hold the card in my hand or cover the damage tokens as a reminder.

- Champion tokens.  The hero(es) could have won a quest if they remembered to spend them for that vital damage.

- Most "within 3 spaces" effects, it seems with newer players it takes them a long time to get conditioned to remembering the effect.  I thought of having some kind of AoE token near them.

Now keep in mind I play with hundreds of new people and people I only play on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.  I assume in a quiet environment with people fully focused on the game and not used to having crowds around them can remember all their exception text better?

#2 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

As overlord, oftenly the "at the start of your turn", since it usually doesn't change really to play it after, since it's during (for exemple, the cards from the infector deck)

#3 Demoncow

Demoncow

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

To activate stupid ass jorem tolk in that lair of the wyrm quest (can't remember the name, but it's the last act one quest in the book).
Demoncow: He who has become a marauder.

#4 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

As overlord, oftenly the "at the start of your turn", since it usually doesn't change really to play it after, since it's during (for exemple, the cards from the infector deck)

I normally (almost always) play the OL. I seem to forget the "start of turn" effects. This last campaign those where where my bomb moves are as well (dark charm, word of misery, dark ritual, dark host)

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

#5 amoshias

amoshias

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

- Champion tokens.  The hero(es) could have won a quest if they remembered to spend them for that vital damage.

This. I find it very frustrating how easy it is for me to forget to use these tokens.

In general, I find "before you roll the dice" effects very easy to miss in this game. I would probably find the champion class as a whole more useful if you could spend 2 tokens AFTER the dice are rolled, rather than 1 token before.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS