• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#161 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

I think that fighters have been 'done'...we may see more "ace" packs but I think the meta is shifting towards larger ships.

How can you say that when the TIE Avenger and Assault Gunboat haven't been created yet! Both of those ships can be segways to a mechanic for Beam weapons right there!

Ladies and gentlemen, the first wave 5 ship:

segway-x2-turf.jpg

It has sort of an Imperial look to it, wouldn't you say?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 14 May 2014 - 01:04 AM.

It's not easy being green.

#162 Steak

Steak

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:10 AM

I think that fighters have been 'done'...we may see more "ace" packs but I think the meta is shifting towards larger ships.

How can you say that when the TIE Avenger and Assault Gunboat haven't been created yet! Both of those ships can be segways to a mechanic for Beam weapons right there!

Ladies and gentlemen, the first wave 5 ship:

segway-x2-turf.jpg

It has sort of an Imperial look to it, wouldn't you say?

That's the TIE Security, right?

#163 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

Yup. Paul Blart is one of the named pilots - the Imperial Porkins, if you will.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 14 May 2014 - 01:13 AM.

• Swedge and Steak like this
It's not easy being green.

#164 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:23 AM

The Naboo Star fighter was outdated and considered antique by the time of the rebellion era.  So it isn't a suitable candidate.  Nor is the Jedi Starfighter or Interceptor since Jedi are all but extinct during the rebellion era.

Suitable CW era ships that we could see are those ships that were still in service by the Empire but being phased out.  The ARC-170 is an example of this and both sides used them (The Empire because they had plenty of them.  The Rebels because they could be purchased cheaply as the Empire got rid of its stocks.).

Yes but he's right isn't he that the technology in the Star Wars universe was pretty much unchanged since at least the Knights of the Old Republic era, so even a ship considered antique would be pretty much modern.

As for Jedi Starfighters not being viable - just cos the Jedi are gone doesn't mean the model of ship they used would be a problem. Pilot cards could be an issue though.

Personally I'd have a new core set - basically introducing new factions that would be equivalent to the current ones, so you could play them thematically on their own, or if you wanted you could mix them up, with Republic ships being allowable in Rebel lists and Seperatist ships allowable in Imperial lists.

#165 Dronevil

Dronevil

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

Rebels

T-Wing

Outrider

Imperials

TIE Avenger

Assault Gunboat

That's what I'd like to see. The T-Wing, TIE Avenger and Assault Gunboat because I spent hours flying these ships (except the T-Wing, which I was blowing up!) on X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. The Outrider, just seems to be an obvious choice based on it's relative prominence compared to some of the other potentials. Plus, Imps currently have two large ships and Rebels only one.

#166 AgentShadow

AgentShadow

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

Again, really wish they would install an unlike button.

Check out the link in my signature. I've posted in the general discussion forum about a dislike button because it is something I'd like to see.

3720 to 1...

...odds of me winning a game of X-Wing  :P

Please vote for a Dislikehttp://community.fan...have-a-dislike/

#167 vyrago

vyrago

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

/\  good call.  

#168 AgentShadow

AgentShadow

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

It has been mentioned that apparently there will only be another 16 ships released. That would make four more waves but I highly doubt that FFG would stop there. This game has also been described as one of their biggest money makers. So here is as thorough prediction as I can think of, with eight rebel and eight empire ships. Perhaps Pirates, Planetary Defense, Sequel and Prequel ships will get future releases after the "16" are out.

Hey, I can dream. Even if it is an insane thought to many.

So here are my choice of 16, in order of "I want them":

REBELS

YT-2400/Outrider

VCX-100/Ghost

Cloakshape Fighter

M-Wing

Rebel Aces

?

?

EMPIRE

Aggressor Assault Fighter/IG-2000

YV-666/Hounds Tooth

StarViper

V-Wing

Tie Avenger

Skipray Blastboat

Imperial Aces

Of the options above, the YT-2400 and Aggressor Assault Fighter are the two large ships I most want. Cloakshape Fighter and StarViper are the two ships I want most.

Hopefully there will be two Empire Huge ships and a Rebel and Empire Huge ship release mixed in.

3720 to 1...

#169 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

You think there'll be four more waves of increasingly obscure EU ships before they produce more ships from the canon source?  I'd be surprised if that's true.

#170 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

Yeah, that quote is over a year old. I highly doubt they stopped work on more ships once they hit the 40 ship mark.

• AgentShadow likes this

#171 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm thinking the tie scout might be a viable soon to be released ship. They already have a ton of sensor-ish upgrades and co pilots out there to make it a cheap fighter with lots of support options.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#172 AgentShadow

AgentShadow

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Yeah, that quote is over a year old. I highly doubt they stopped work on more ships once they hit the 40 ship mark.

Honestly, I think they'll keep making ships until they run out of original trilogy, prequel trilogy, sequel trilogy and extended universe ships.

Might have caused a misunderstanding with my post (I talk too much). It was the 16 ships I'd most like to see IF there were only 16. But I could only think of 6 Rebels, and even then I cheated by putting "Aces" for them and Empire.

As long as there's no objections (looking at you Disney) I hope FFG will be releasing new waves until I'm old, dead and buried.

3720 to 1...

#173 akodo1

akodo1

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

Actually the tech was probably about the same. Bear in mind the technology hadn't really changed in 4000 years. When you have a huge galactic republic/empire you would never get massive leaps in technology, because a lot of the species are already advanced enough to have discovered every technology of use. For any given race there is always an older more advanced race.

The ships from the clone wars era are only outdated because they are no longer in production and parts are scarce. Much like cars from the 80's and before. Look after them well and they would still be servicable.

And frankly the Naboo star fighter wouldn't be much different than an A-wing. Highly mobile, lightly armed, but also limited production based on Naboo for the Naboo PDF. Also lacking a hyperdrive not all that useful.

Honestly I'd wouldn't mind seeing Jedi starfighters and Jedi interceptors, but I don't think it is likely. I am in favour of a neutral faction though.

The tech may have been the same, but there may have been cases where just more refined versions using the same tech came about.  Also there were new developments just not always groundbreaking.

There might be some clone war era or even pre clone war era starships that were equal to or superior to the Xwing.  I think the Jedi Starfighter and ARC-170 may fall into those categories.  We also can concoct a good reason for them not being found in the Rebellion era--Jedi Starfighters were probably expensive with very limited production, and ARC-170s may have had their shipyards retooled to maker other ships (maybe capitol or maybe TIEs) once clone troopers were abandoned.

The fluff is pretty clear that 'in it's day' the Z95 headhunter was a good and highly regarded ship, but the Xwing is better.

If a bunch of other old ships were equal to or better than the Xwing, then those companies would have kept on making and selling them.  If a bunch of other older ships were equal or better than the Z95, then the Z95 wouldn't have been held in high regard.

Making many ships of the Z95 era equal to or superior to the X wing is counter to cannon.

Also, for many of the unaligned fighters from Xwing Alliance video game, the fluff states they were on par with Z95s 

#174 SoulCrusherEx

SoulCrusherEx

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

Tie Avenger or Assault Gunboat or Tie Aggressor

IG2000 or Mist Hunter

?-Wing (replace the ? with a letter of your choice - we have all the important already)

YT-2400

This is really quite naughty:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a3c04c71b

a pretty bad dial having a slot for a 2nd member is good but no barrel roll there is no tie that cant do a barrel roll !! i do not like dat !!! and 23 points ouch.... for ps4 sounds like advance ps4 without shielding

Edited by SoulCrusherEx, 14 May 2014 - 02:00 PM.

Imperium: 7 Tie Fighter, 3 Tie Advanced, 12 Tie Interceptors (4 aces boxes included) 3 Tie Bomber and 3 fire sprays, 1 Tie Defender, 2 Tie Phantom, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 1 V49 Decimator
Rebels:  1 B-wing, 1 Z-95, 2 Hwk290,
Pirates: 3 Firesprays, 3 Y- Wings, 7 z-95, 2 HWK 290

#175 SoulCrusherEx

SoulCrusherEx

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

now to my wishlist

first of all Tie aggressor and the Tie Vanguard

for the rebels T-wing and the K-wing

and please Disney/FFG-TV pimp my X wing game with a third faction called the outlaws where we finnaly can play pirate/bountyhunter and smugglers in one unified faction !! maybe aa forth faction as planetary civil defense forces too ;P ? now iam asking to much i asume

• admiralcrunch likes this

Imperium: 7 Tie Fighter, 3 Tie Advanced, 12 Tie Interceptors (4 aces boxes included) 3 Tie Bomber and 3 fire sprays, 1 Tie Defender, 2 Tie Phantom, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 1 V49 Decimator
Rebels:  1 B-wing, 1 Z-95, 2 Hwk290,
Pirates: 3 Firesprays, 3 Y- Wings, 7 z-95, 2 HWK 290

#176 TK4334

TK4334

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

I know it and you are all wrong. You wouldn't believe it, if I would spoil it, so I shut up and enjoy reading. :)
X-Wing Regional Champion 2014 Berlin
X-Wing Regional Champion 2014 Hamburg
X-Wing Regional Champion 2013 Nürnberg
X-Wing Store Champion 2014 Wiesbaden, Mainz, Düsseldorf and Iserlohn

#177 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I know it and you are all wrong. You wouldn't believe it, if I would spoil it, so I shut up and enjoy reading. :)

Is it various different types of Star Destroyer?!

#178 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

I disagree with the zeal for ever more ships 'till the white space cows come home. I'm a little chagrinned at even the TIE Defender and TIE Phantom. How much weirder and more fantastic does it need to become when it stops being identifiable as Star Wars?

One of the big themes of the Empire is uniformity, rather than a dizzying array of all kinds of different vessels.

Now, I know that there's money to be made in the new stuff, and I do want FFG to do well.

I think it would be awesome if they developed games at different scales - a capital ships game, and then a sector/galactic conquest game. You could then use developments at one scale of game to determine some conditions for developments at a different scale of game.

#179 Soulfly626

Soulfly626

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

Imperial decimator!!

http://starwars.wiki...VT-49_Decimator

I called it!!! yay!!!!

#180 Tipperary

Tipperary

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

Of the options above, the YT-2400 and Aggressor Assault Fighter are the two large ships I most want. Cloakshape Fighter and StarViper are the two ships I want most.

Trilon Aggressor is actually shorter than the HWK, but these four are definitely up there on my want-list as well.

[3] |-o-| [1] {«o»} [3] (-o-) [1] {-o-o-} [1] ≤†≥ [1] /╧\ [1] Defender [1] Phantom [1] <Φ>
[3] >:♦:< [1] ¤±¤ [2] -/•\- [2] † [1] ┴■┴ [1] «ow?» [1] ◄ttHtt► [2] •-:ô:- [2] .-A-. [1] •-«÷»
[4]-:ô:-[2] ¤±¤ [2] }■{ [4] ¬Θ⌐ [2] «¬≡⌐»

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS