Haven't seen a wave 5 speculation thread for a while

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#21 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

I think we should all keep a close eye on Episode 7.  FFG would be smart to release things that try and ride that marketing wave.

^^^^

You'd be crazy to believe they won't hop on that gift horse. 

There WILL be ships released from the new movie in this game. You heard it here first. 

Feel free to quote this post when the news hits FFG's site :P

• jasonkw and Souladin like this

Rebels: (4)X-Wing,(2)Y-Wing,(3)B-Wing,(2)HWK,(1)YT-1300,(2)A-Wing,(1) GR-75,(1)CR90,(2)E-Wing,(4)Z-95

Imps: (5)TIEs,(3)Squints,(3)Lambda,(2)Firespray,(1)TIE Advanced,(3) TIE Bomber,(2) Defender,(2)Phantom

"What the hell is an aluminum falcon?" - Robot Chicken

#22 Stinger07

Stinger07

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Oh! The new ship from star wars rebels, the ghost, would be a cool ship along with that new TIE fighter used by the main bad guy.

Both would be interesting additions also.
  • jasonkw and Slugrage like this

#23 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

who said its NOT cannon? i mean seriously just because Lucas/Disney say something?? Cannon is what we the collective fans believe...

No, that's headcanon. Official canon is what LFL says. And that's what FFG sources from.

that new TIE fighter used by the main bad guy.

Looks like a stylised x1. Speaking of ships that need an Aces rerelease...

My bets are on Outrider and Skipray.

Edited by Lagomorphia, 02 May 2014 - 11:05 AM.

• VanorDM, Sarone, Millennium Falsehood and 3 others like this

#24 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

My bets are on Outrider and Skipray.

+1!!!

• Sarone, stegocent, Millennium Falsehood and 3 others like this

Rebels: (4)X-Wing,(2)Y-Wing,(3)B-Wing,(2)HWK,(1)YT-1300,(2)A-Wing,(1) GR-75,(1)CR90,(2)E-Wing,(4)Z-95

Imps: (5)TIEs,(3)Squints,(3)Lambda,(2)Firespray,(1)TIE Advanced,(3) TIE Bomber,(2) Defender,(2)Phantom

#25 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

I hope it isn't prequal ships... I really want my Outrider. :P

Good Lord, Aminar and I actually agree on something.

See, there's been a lot of talk of "iconic" Star Wars ships.  The X-Wing is synonymous with the franchise.  The TIE Fighter.  The Millennium Falcon.  Slave-1.  The Star Destroyer.  In fact, pretty much every piece of technology shown in the Original Trilogy has that instantly-recognisable look and feel.

Other than the Naboo Fighter, I cannot for the life of me name a single starfighter from the prequel trilogy.  Or large ship for that matter. Or capital ship.  IIRC, over the course of the prequel trilogy, the vehicles slowly started to develop into and look more like the iconic vessels we knew and loved from the Original Trilogy, but can I actually name any of them?

....no, not really.

But yes, I hope the recent announcements regarding the canon status of the Extended Universe don't hamper FFG's plans.  I'd love to see the Outrider, Assault Gunboats, Skipray Blastboats, Muurian Transports, Pursuer-Class Enforcement Ships... the Wild Karrde...

|¯¯=¯/====[¯]                                                         [oo]       .

\¯¯ /          /                                     |o|               .                   

\ ==                      .                                    |o|                           

#26 Animewarsdude

Animewarsdude

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

Well technically FFG would have been working on the next wave or two before this announcement so wave 5-6 could still pull from the EU potentially especially Shadows of the Empire. 

#27 winterdyne

winterdyne

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

SotE is relatively safe, sitting in continuity between ep v and vi. There's nothing in it that disrupts the story arcs of the new films.

#28 bzinfinity

bzinfinity

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

See, there's been a lot of talk of "iconic" Star Wars ships.  The X-Wing is synonymous with the franchise.  The TIE Fighter.  The Millennium Falcon.  Slave-1.  The Star Destroyer.  In fact, pretty much every piece of technology shown in the Original Trilogy has that instantly-recognisable look and feel.

Other than the Naboo Fighter, I cannot for the life of me name a single starfighter from the prequel trilogy.  Or large ship for that matter. Or capital ship.  IIRC, over the course of the prequel trilogy, the vehicles slowly started to develop into and look more like the iconic vessels we knew and loved from the Original Trilogy, but can I actually name any of them?

....no, not really.

But yes, I hope the recent announcements regarding the canon status of the Extended Universe don't hamper FFG's plans.  I'd love to see the Outrider, Assault Gunboats, Skipray Blastboats, Muurian Transports, Pursuer-Class Enforcement Ships... the Wild Karrde...

I was thinking about this earlier, and I think I know why. 

When I was a kid (probably 7-13ish) the Internet was first kicking off in a big way.

I used to hang out in AOL Chatrooms with that automated multiple choice quizzer and go back and forth about who manufactured speeder bikes, where they were made, etc, etc. 

When the prequels came out, I was in High School (I think) and I was onto greater things, or so I thought. I didn't spend nearly as much time obsessing over the content as I did with the OT movies. 

I think this has a lot to do with why I'm not overly familiar with their content. 

• Millennium Falsehood likes this

#29 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

Again, really wish they would install an unlike button.

Since I'm already posting: Give me 2 waves of prequel ships before the new movies give us new ships: Droid star-fighters (re-establish the empire's swarm; not that they really need it but at least we'd have variety), fanblades (crazy agility and maneuvers), Kwings (on a 2 wide base!), Arc-170, Jedi Starfighter...

#30 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

Prequel ain't happening.

It makes no sense with Disney's current "don't touch the prequels with at ten foot pole" approach, and it doesn't make sense with X-wing.

FFG are not WotC. They are not going to introduce two new factions when they're only going to be releasing them for a year and when they'll be very limited in the meta. This is a Rebels Versus Empire game and while they're willing to stretch that (E-wing) if it doesn't fit under either faction, it ain't happenin'.

Not to mention CW ships are outclassed by GCW ships.

#31 VanorDM

VanorDM

Rules Ninja

• Members
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Cannon is what we the collective fans believe...

I suggest that you look up the word Canon and what it means, because clearly you don't have a clue.
  • Sarone and Souladin like this

#32 AgentShadow

AgentShadow

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

This is more a wishlist than speculation:

REBELS

YT-2400/Outrider

Cloakshape Fighter

EMPIRE

YV-666/Hounds Tooth

Skipray Blastboat

• Sarone and jasonkw like this

3720 to 1...

...odds of me winning a game of X-Wing  :P

Please vote for a Dislikehttp://community.fan...have-a-dislike/

#33 markcsoul

markcsoul

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

I was fine with them sticking with ships in the OT era (even though I'd love to see prequel ships as well), but then they had to go and include the E-Wing, which every source says came out several years after the OT movies.  So if they can include a ship that occurs AFTER the movies, they have no reason to not include ships that came BEFORE the movies, as they could very well be still in use.  Look no further than the Z-95 as an example.  Even the Y-wing as a old ship that had it's original version start out during the clone wars.

I'd be very mad if they ignored prequel ships to do sequel ships, as the prequel ships are closer in time to the OT movies than the sequels would be.

Also as others have said the prequels clearly aren't off limits, or they wouldn't have included stuff like seismic charges in the game.

REBEL SHIPS: 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

IMPERIAL SHIPS: 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 1 Tie Defender, 3 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s

#34 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Seismic charges came with the Slave 1. There's a difference from using an upgrade card that was in the prequels and releasing N-1s.

I'd be very mad if they ignored prequel ships to do sequel ships, as the prequel ships are closer in time to the OT movies than the sequels would be.

Then mad you will be. It'd be mad for them to make a CIS and Republic faction, so you've only got stuff that fits the Rebels and the Empire. And neither of them use CW stuff, unless you count the stuff that was thought up before the prequels were made.

Edited by Lagomorphia, 02 May 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#35 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

See, there's been a lot of talk of "iconic" Star Wars ships. The X-Wing is synonymous with the franchise. The TIE Fighter. The Millennium Falcon. Slave-1. The Star Destroyer. In fact, pretty much every piece of technology shown in the Original Trilogy has that instantly-recognisable look and feel.

Other than the Naboo Fighter, I cannot for the life of me name a single starfighter from the prequel trilogy. Or large ship for that matter. Or capital ship. IIRC, over the course of the prequel trilogy, the vehicles slowly started to develop into and look more like the iconic vessels we knew and loved from the Original Trilogy, but can I actually name any of them?

....no, not really.

But yes, I hope the recent announcements regarding the canon status of the Extended Universe don't hamper FFG's plans. I'd love to see the Outrider, Assault Gunboats, Skipray Blastboats, Muurian Transports, Pursuer-Class Enforcement Ships... the Wild Karrde...
Can't agree with that. The names may not be as well know, but there are some beautiful ships in the prequels - the big Naboo shuttles/yachts, the ARC-170s and I wouldn't mind some plated y-wings.

Oh, I'm sure we'll see Ep 7 ships (assuming FGG still have the licence when it's out), but that's a good 18 months away isn't it? What can they bring out in the meantime that's cannon, other than prequel ships? Hasn't Outrider etc been disowned by Disney/LFL?

Edited by mazz0, 02 May 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#36 Eggs

Eggs

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

Just a thought, but the recent releases have shown an accelerated schedule for development - a metric crapton of goodies have come out/are coming out this year. Even if you can't find it anywhere. Anyone else get the impression ffg are clearing the decks of all current projects, which will leave 2015 clear for new stuff tied in to the new movie? Makes business sense.

#37 Stinger07

Stinger07

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

Prequel ain't happening.

It makes no sense with Disney's current "don't touch the prequels with at ten foot pole" approach, and it doesn't make sense with X-wing.

I have never seen anything to suggest this.  Just because disney isn't developing anything for the prequel era, it doesn't mean they "don't touch the prequels with at ten foot pole".  

Unless you have a link to an article the rest of us do not...

Edited by Stinger07, 02 May 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#38 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hasn't Outrider etc been disowned by Disney/LFL?

No. All the canon announcement said, effectively, is that if the new movies conflict with the existing EU, the movies win. Anything set in and around the Galactic Civil War era is probably safe, since it's carefully written so as not to conflict with the "cinematic universe", and that includes a lot of territory…

…and as noted upthread, the announcement makes the Outrider undeniable canon, since it has a cameo in Lucas' most recent pointless rejiggering of A New Hope.

Edited by Vorpal Sword, 02 May 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#39 VanorDM

VanorDM

Rules Ninja

• Members
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

I have never seen anything to suggest this.

That's why they ended the Clone Wars and are putting out Rebels. I'm pretty sure they said as much, that they wanted people to start thinking about the Rebellion Era and beyond.

#40 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Prequel ain't happening.

I have never seen anything to suggest this.  Just because disney isn't developing anything for the prequel era, it doesn't mean they "don't touch the prequels with at ten foot pole".  

Unless you have a link to an article the rest of us do not...

Yeah, what's that about?

Hasn't Outrider etc been disowned by Disney/LFL?

No. All the canon announcement said, effectively, is that if the new movies conflict with the existing EU, the movies win. Anything set in and around the Galactic Civil War era is probably safe, since it's carefully written so as not to conflict with the "cinematic universe", and that includes a lot of territory……and as noted upthread, the announcement makes the Outrider undeniable canon, since it has a cameo in Lucas' most recent pointless rejiggering of A New Hope.

Hmm, thinking about it, I've only read things /about/ the announcement, not sure I've read the text itself. Do you know where it is online? (Don't worry if not, I can Google it). My understanding was they've said it's not canon and they'll officially re-establish anything they want to keep as canon.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS