Photo

Commit dice to resuts, can attacker ignore retreats if he wants to ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sangeet

sangeet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Hi,

sorry, probably this is obvious, can i ignore the flag results if i have thrown dice, i.e. choose that the attacked unit has to retreat or to stay where it is? Or how many retreats it shoud do, when i rolled multiple ones? So, has the dice throw to be fully interpreted or not?

#2 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

I asked this one early on somewhere (probably BGG) and the response I got was that the retreats and hits are not optional. If you rolled a retreat, the unit most retreat one space. If you rolled two retreats, the unit must retreat two spaces. It makes it harder to pin down your enemy in some cases, but it also adds to the strategy of surrounding a tough enemy before attacking it.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#3 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

The only way you could choose to "ignore" a retreat is if a figure had an ability that triggered on the flag results that did something else instead, and then you could commit the flag to do that other ability.

All "commit" abilities are optional, but damage and retreats are not (although they can be committed for some other effect instead in some cases).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS