Serena as a hero?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GreenWiggly

GreenWiggly

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Hello, I'm about to start a Shadow of Nerekhall campaign controlling 4 heroes. I also own the the Serena pack and was wondering what people think of her compared to other healers because I really want to try her out.

Based on her stats I think she may be best as a Bard. What classes would be best for her? Or is she even worth using?

Opinions and thoughts?

Edited by GreenWiggly, 01 May 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#2 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

From my experience, I would say Serena needs to be played with a tank following her (or the opposite) and he must be willing to sacrifice himself to protect her, because her low life and brown die is a real problem. So, a good nanok of something like that and you can go on. Serena has average stamina, so she can be a good at Spiritspeaker, but the class itself is not so good

another way to play her is to keep her away of the battle since she's slow, and play her as a prophet, because she do not need LOS to use her skills

#3 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

I generally like to try characters out in epic play quests before embarking on a full campaign- it's a long time to commit to a hero/class combination that you may not enjoy. I would agree that use of Serena is dependent on who else is in the party- I'm not sure I would select her for a 2 hero game, but as long as you've got 3 or 4 heroes, I agree that she would pair well with someone who would absorb damage. I think the spiritspeaker is a useful class as long as it plays a defined role within a party- that is, minor healing and fatigue regeneration. Stoneskin can help your native brown die, as well. Prophet or Bard would be interesting, but for Bard, unlike Prophet, she needs to be in the middle of things for her abilities to work. I think she would work least well as a disciple- though it is a powerful class, it relies on the disciple being alive and adjacent to other heroes- easy for the OL to counter in Serena's case. Apothecary is another possibility, since her healing potential does not disappear if she gets knocked down (elixir tokens can still be spent.)

#4 Inspector Jee

Inspector Jee

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

Serena the Silent Bard.  I like that.

#5 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Serena the Silent Bard.  I like that.

She telepathically projects the music into your minds.

#6 BsnOne

BsnOne

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

Serena has average stamina

I'm pretty sure Serena has a 6 for stamina, the highest in the game. She's got plenty of juice to pop any skill and still be able to move despite her crummy 3 movement. She seems very interesting, but her Heroic ability is there to make up for her low damage capacity and other than her knowledge and willpower attributes, she will be susceptible to OL traps. You want to play her because of her high stamina, but she's too slow and too weak to really take advantage of it.

#7 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

serena-chtr-sheet.png

She might have 3 movement, but if move + move + fatigue she can move 12 steps, which is the same as most heroes.

Edited by BentoSan, 02 May 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#8 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

Serena has average stamina

Sorry, I wanted to say "the best" stamina. English not my native language

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS