Forsaken Lore is here!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

I did not read the encounter cards that much and only played 3 games so far (shame on me, Descent is taking a lot of table time) but in my games everytime someone had to draw an encounter and was on one of the 3 color he would draw the specific encounter instead of the general...

What's the benefit of the General deck? Less bad things but less bonuses?

#42 DrHeims

DrHeims

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Anyone know when this will be released in the UK?

Just got my copy today (Scotland) ... luv'ing the new fluff, cards and snakey-Yig GOO! biggrin.gif

Checkout Book Depo ... http://www.bookdepos...r/9781616618087
I'll need to have a closer look at everything to see where the expansion pays of best, but on first quick-scan, a bit disappointed there isn't more General Encounter cards ... there's only 4? sad.gif
Guess we can't have our cake and eat it too!
Walts

Vala_Melkor, THANK YOU. You are the best!
I live in Japan and I have never found a sight that delivers here for free!
I just ordered the expansion and it was only ¥2185 (Like $23). I usually pay $15 or more just for shipping.
The local price here is about ¥2800 but it's not even available here yet.
I'm gonna be using Book Depository a lot in the future. You just saved me a ton in shipping costs.

#43 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

Just be sure they don't kill you with customs. Bookdep ships from the UK, so I guess outside EU you have to pay the customs. But yes, they have incredible prices :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#44 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

Here is crazy combo of Yeb and Mythos card call Return the Ancient Ones. Yeb coming on place 19 and bring 2 monsters with him. so is already 3. then one reckoning effect from Mythos card and boom you have 4 montsers on place 19 doom advance to zero and Shubby come to this poor world. it happen in first 3 4 rounds. Craziness! !!!

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#45 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

Seems like a Wolfgar game against Aunt Shub :P :P

(sorry, Wolfgar, didn't resist)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#46 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

I make it. I won against Yig with 2 investigator!!!! from 5 games or even more victory at last!!!! But with 3 investigator after FL is pretty much game over every time. Now is really difficult to win with 3 investigator. ....
  • Julia likes this

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#47 Beckikaze

Beckikaze

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

Hopefully this wiill not be the last expansion for this fabulous game!

#48 DrHeims

DrHeims

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Just be sure they don't kill you with customs. Bookdep ships from the UK, so I guess outside EU you have to pay the customs. But yes, they have incredible prices :)

How, the expansion arrived today to my surprise.  That was super fast shipping.  I didn't have to pay any sort of customs or anything.  Bookdepo will be getting a return customer!

Too bad I wasn't expecting it to come in, I doubt I can scramble anyone to play it with me this weekend on such short notice.

I might have to do a solo run...

• Vala_Melkor likes this

#49 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:50 AM

How, the expansion arrived today to my surprise.  That was super fast shipping.  I didn't have to pay any sort of customs or anything.  Bookdepo will be getting a return customer!

Happy to hear that :)

Too bad I wasn't expecting it to come in, I doubt I can scramble anyone to play it with me this weekend on such short notice.

I might have to do a solo run...

FL enriches the game experience quite a lot. A solo run could be fun to see the new components in actions! I do hope you like it :)

#50 Daisu

Daisu

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Got my expansion from amazon with free shipping and pretty cheap.  They should gave us more investigator in the expansion, hopefully next one will have some.

We played one game versus YIG but it was a very long game.  We were playing four players, 1 investigator went insane, we did get Diana which saved us at the end versus all the cultist.  We won just before the last mythos card (which would been the draw a mythos card one which would been fail right then).  We had only one artifact (statue) but lots of spells and items.  The game had lots of conditions flying around, couple poisons and time and space, at end some dark pacts. I think one character had 6 conditions at one time.  Our monster cup kept pulling the wraith :(  Both of the new rumours we failed at completing, luckily whiteship would be going off at end of the turn after we fought yig.  Surprising our bad rolls helped with Bermuda triangle card to get some players closer to yig for the end.  Plump the Void was very helpful for our game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS