Tactics we use the most

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 FieserMoep

FieserMoep

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

We tend to use weight limitations (encumberance rules :P), and they put some really hard limits on this sort of thing, very fast.

You do not need that rules to limit such things.^^

A rather annoyed Munitorum Officer is enough enough for any GM when the Squad starts to requisition its third or 31st Grenade Launcher. xD

#42 Magellan

Magellan

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Fire selectors, my man. Two free action reloads with every purchase!

Could find the fire selector in OW and drop me a reference, please?
I couldn't find it last time I looked, and it's really necessary to make certain weapons viable.

Also, there's always the possibility of buying more grenade launchers and quick drawing fresh ones when you run out of ammo. I'd imagine that would take some serious requisitioning, though.

We tend to use weight limitations (encumberance rules :P), and they put some really hard limits on this sort of thing, very fast.

Actually, I can't seem to find it either, first guy. Apparently, I broke my own sacred commandment and handed out tactical advice based on house rules - my group uses equipment from DH, RT *and* OW. I apologize profusely.

As for weight limitations, I do certainly agree. They are awesome. I suspect they would be doubly awesome in a game where no one has power armour, synthmuscle or more than 60 strength/toughness. I've never GMed a game like that, though. Still, isn't that what Ogryn party members are for? Carrying my stuff? :P

You do not need that rules to limit such things.^^

A rather annoyed Munitorum Officer is enough enough for any GM when the Squad starts to requisition its third or 31st Grenade Launcher. xD

Is he gonna argue with the guy who has 30 rocket launchers? ;P

I am the latest model of a Fabricator-General
My body isn't nearly as much animal as mineral
My learnedness is legend; my accomplishments historical
For hereteks and aliens my hatred's categorical

#43 FieserMoep

FieserMoep

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Is he gonna argue with the guy who has 30 rocket launchers? ;P

Sure, for these are 30 rocket launchers without ammo if you piss of the munitorum.^^

#44 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

Actually, I can't seem to find it either, first guy. Apparently, I broke my own sacred commandment and handed out tactical advice based on house rules - my group uses equipment from DH, RT *and* OW. I apologize profusely.

No worries. We keep fairly air tight shutters between the games, partially because it makes sense to us that ie. availability could differ between groups.
And because we hope that FFG authors might wise up and loose a few silly items, like recoil gloves.

I know we'd love to have Merovech Assault Lasguns though!

As for weight limitations, I do certainly agree. They are awesome. I suspect they would be doubly awesome in a game where no one has power armour, synthmuscle or more than 60 strength/toughness. I've never GMed a game like that, though. Still, isn't that what Ogryn party members are for? Carrying my stuff? :P

We're from an Imperial World. Ogryns are mutants. QED.
Oh, the administratum may call them "abhumans", but we know what they really are, mutants.

And... Power Armour?! In OW? And I thought our squad was over equipped!
I know that, just over the 10k XPs mark, my character has TB+SB 7. And I don't think anyone has synthmuscle yet. Maybe the enginseer does though.

Edited by Tenebrae, 10 June 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#45 Magellan

Magellan

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

Nah, I don't run any OW campaigns. Rogue Trader.

Oh yeah, that's right. OW characters can buy infinite stat boosts every few thousand XP now. What's your excuse for not having 100+ toughness?

I am the latest model of a Fabricator-General
My body isn't nearly as much animal as mineral
My learnedness is legend; my accomplishments historical
For hereteks and aliens my hatred's categorical

#46 FieserMoep

FieserMoep

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Oh yeah, that's right. OW characters can buy infinite stat boosts every few thousand XP now. What's your excuse for not having 100+ toughness?

+20 to some characteristic would be the least overpowered thing after you reached 10.000 XP and that alone takes quite a while.^^

#47 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

I run 2 of those. I play in OW.
And in RT, I'm usually a lot more liberal about what sort of gear is available.

Ummm, I spent those boosts on BS and Agility?
I've switched career a few times (meaning you do not get that free +5)?

+20 to some characteristic would be the least overpowered thing after you reached 10.000 XP and

I would tend to agree.

that alone takes quite a while.^^

I personally think our GM gives out too much XP and is a bit free with the Requisition rating.
But it's still been... 20-30 sessions I think.

#48 Alrik Vas

Alrik Vas

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

My excuse is changing specialties every 2500xp. :P

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS