Triggering Syndrael's Hero Ability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zamzoph

Zamzoph

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'm starting my first Descent campaign tonight as the OL, and while doing a trial run on the First Blood encounter last night, I found Syndrael's Hero Ability to be very puzzling.

Simply put, if you use the Oath of Honor card from the Knight Class to place Syndrael in a new location, does that count as Syndrael having moved to prevent her Hero Ability from triggering, or does that only apply to the expenditure of movement points and skills that specifically say to move?

There doesn't seem to be an official statement from what I can tell, and previous answers to this inquiry seem to go both ways pretty evenly.

#2 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

http://community.fan...about-movement/

It's for a different hero, but this thread seems to cover it.

#3 griton

griton

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

Long story short, the placement does prevent her hero ability from triggering. She did move, it just wasn't from spending movement points. Think of "doesn't move" as "stays in the same space".

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS