Remaining OT Trilogy Characters we might get and those prequels

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 kilbil

kilbil

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:56 AM

if anything they might do a couple print on demand prequel challenge decks.

#42 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

I would hate this, personally: having only Classic Trilogy characters and situations to work with when battling Prequel Trilogy foes. I do think they should make additional PoD challenge decks, but preferably within the scope they have conceived through the playable objective sets.

#43 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

It's debatable whether I have anything I can really add to any discussion of this game, as it's been about 18 months since I played it because nobody is interested in playing with me. But I wanted to weigh in on this discussion of the prequel stuff all the same, so here goes...

Personally I'd rather see the prequel material form a separate game. If only because of the core set box pretty much advertising this game as firmly entrenched in the classic trilogy era. I have no problem with seeing Padme/Anakin/young Obi-Wan cards further down the line, but I'd rather see it in a new game. Or in a compatible game with this, but not a part of this line per se. Kind of like Flying Frog did with Last Night on Earth and Invasion from Outer Space. Both games work perfectly well on their own, but you can add them together if you want to. But that could probably split the fan base and cause all sorts of problems, so maybe make the Prequel game not a LCG, but more like Rune Age or Blood Bowl: Team Manager, with expansion boxes once or twice a year? Hm. Anyway.

The inclusion of Bail Organa has made me feel that prequel stuff can be added into this game, though, so long as it's done intelligently. I mean, I'm not asking for Jar Jar or anything, but why not later incarnations of prequel characters? Moff Panaka is always top of my list for this. Sabe as Leia and Winter's tutor/rebel envoy would also be nice. Aurra Sing survives into the Legacy era, so why not see her crop up for S&V? Queen Kylantha could bring the majesty of the Naboo court to the table as a neutral LS resource-providing unit card who is forced to be discarded if the Emperor or Vader is ever on the table. Senator Pooja Naberrie, anyone? Giddean Danu? Senator Grebleips? Okay, maybe not, but there are a lot of prequel things that survive into the classic era, so why not? 

• Budgernaut likes this

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#44 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

It's worth noting that Bail Organa shows up in The Force Unleashed alongside a younger Leia, and to all appearances hasn't aged a day since Episode III.

Edited by MarthWMaster, 07 June 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#45 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

It's worth noting that Bail Organa shows up in The Force Unleashed alongside a younger Leia, and to all appearances hasn't aged a day since Episode III.

It's must be the Alderaan diet, or something. 

I'd forgotten about TFU, though - hope we see some more stuff from there! More rancors, etc...

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#46 WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

Yes, they do. There is a Neutral Faction house card. But, AGoT works a bit differently with respect to resources and deck construction. In AGoT you can play cards from houses other than the one whose house card you are running, but you pay 2 more gold than the printed cost to do so. The Neutral Faction house card reduces the out-of-house gold penalty to one instead of two. Then, there are other cards that have synergy with running the Neutral Faction house card. It essentially is aimed at letting players make a highly Neutral deck that they can easily splash some other things into. 

But, in AGoT, gold is gold. There is the resource match thing to consider in SW. 

How's about this for a "Neutral" Affilation card: Give the Card Influence (as per BotF LS objectives) with the "downside to the upside" that to use the Neutral Affilation's influence, the cost of the card you play increases by 1.

This would allow for games with pods from 3 or even all 4 affilations and no serious risk of getting resource-screwed.

As for a cool character from the prequels who'd do great in the current setting, I want a card for Tarrful. Another Wookiee for the Wookiee Lifdebt's effect, who could have a tactics icon or Protect Force User to set him apart from the more generic Wookiee units.

• See Threebilbo likes this

#47 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

That seems within the realm of possibility.  A tactical Wookiee also just sounds neat.  I like your name, too. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS