Remaining OT Trilogy Characters we might get and those prequels

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 sutekh22

sutekh22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

Just some random thoughts on this topic.  FFG seems different than Decipher in that every single character to get 2 seconds of time in the movies doesn't get a character but I think we may get some.

Here's my 2 cents

BIggs - Obviously a Rebel Pilot of some sort.

General Dodonna - Rebel leader.  I could see him getting made.

Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru - Jedi support units maybe?

General Tagge - Imperial Navy clearly

Admiral Ozzel - How to make a card based on a guy so stupid you want to kill him yet he's still playable?  Again for the Navy

I could see Ree Yees and Tessek getting made as they've had figures since the old days.  Scum and Villainy needs someone beyond Jabba, Bib, Salacious and a bunch of Bounty Hunters.  Maybe a Rancor Keeper that, when out, protects your side from the Rancor? 

Wicket - Not sure how the Ewoks are going to work.  Spread out throughout the Light Side factions or a gray series?  Chief Chirpa and Logray have a shot at being made as well I'd guess.

Nien Nub - Rebel pilot or Spies and Scoundrels pilot you think?

Sim Aloo - Maybe for the Sith?  He had a figure made in the old days and is the Imperial Advisor most people vaguely remember.  If not him, then who else from the actual movies could you make for the Sith?

Also regular versions of Piett and Jerjerrod I would guess.

I'm going to guess if we ever get Prequels it will be the Grand Army of the Republic, The Combined Naboo Defenses, The CIS and.............can't see the Trade Federation getting their own faction but who else would you pick?

#2 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Just some random thoughts on this topic.  FFG seems different than Decipher in that every single character to get 2 seconds of time in the movies doesn't get a character but I think we may get some.

Just wait 2-3 more cycles, we'll have e'rybody.

• MarthWMaster and GroggyGolem like this

#3 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

Don't expect prequels ever.
  • GroggyGolem likes this

#4 chiller087

chiller087

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Please no, please please PLEASE no prequel stuff.  EVER.  EVER.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#5 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

Please no, please please PLEASE no prequel stuff.  EVER.  EVER.

Pretty much.

As for who I want...hmmmm.  I"d love a Lak Sivrak, but since we already have a generic Shistavanen Wolfman, that's probably a stretch.  Gosh, there are so many cool people from the cantina scene...what about that Anzati dude smoking, or those creepy looking chicks who are supposed to be twins, even though the actresses were nowhere near close to each other in height, if I remember correctly?

Also, Ewoks look like they're going to be sneaking into several affiliations.  Should be interesting to see.  I really hope we see Wicket out this cycle.

#6 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Ozzel will almost certainly be an officer, which will combo with Apology Accepted. All he needs is some sort of "leaves play" ability!

#7 Kennyjman

Kennyjman

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

I'd like to have a DS version of Lando.  Probably be S&V set.  Get your Lando out before the LS does!!

#8 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

I'd like to have a DS version of Lando.  Probably be S&V set.  Get your Lando out before the LS does!!

Be a bit confusing if you had Lando vs Lando though. I wonder though if they will introduce versions of characters on different sides since the game is a big "what if" scenario anyways.

For instance, a Jedi Mara Jade or a Sith Luke. I doubt it will happen though.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#9 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'd like to see prequel material. Just because the movies were awful does not mean that the characters and story should be hated on. The SW narrative is awesome. We shouldn't push it away because we didn't like certain films. The prequels could have been done well, they just were not. The characters and story are still cool, though.

• Damoel, MarthWMaster and spalanzani like this

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#10 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Couldn't it be argued that both are already part of the EU?

Just because the movies were awful does not mean that the characters and story should be hated on. The SW narrative is awesome. 

S&V objective set based on the Tatooine pod races?

#11 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

Couldn't it be argued that both are already part of the EU?

For sure! Kyle Katarn trains Mara Jade in the Jedi ways and I believe Luke does become Sith for a time after the events of Return of the Jedi.

I meant whether they would introduce those versions of those characters to the game itself.

#12 Kennyjman

Kennyjman

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

@ Groggy Golem:  I am thinking that they would both be unique, so you couldn't have Lando vs. Lando..

Edited by Kennyjman, 14 May 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#13 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

I am thinking that they would both be unique, so you couldn't have Lando vs. Lando..

Same.

#14 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

I am thinking that they would both be unique, so you couldn't have Lando vs. Lando..

Same.

Or Lando is having some trippy internal struggles.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#15 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Same.

Or Lando is having some trippy internal struggles.

"This deal's getting worse all the time!"

#16 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

I'd like to see prequel material. Just because the movies were awful does not mean that the characters and story should be hated on. The SW narrative is awesome. We shouldn't push it away because we didn't like certain films. The prequels could have been done well, they just were not. The characters and story are still cool, though.

That is exactly my viewpoint. Even for fans who hate Hayden Christensen (who IS a terrific actor incidentally, just handled poorly in these films), I could see them doing something like they did for Journey Luke by having Anakin's artwork look only vaguely similar to the actor. And I could see him being a much-needed answer for Vader, provided Design implements some sort of mechanic dealing with the character's inner struggle, which I could see them doing.

Honestly, I think the biggest hurdle for prequel inclusion is the need for at least one additional affiliation for each side (Republic and Confederacy).
  • KennedyHawk likes this

#17 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

I think we are most likely to see characters from the upcoming Star Wars: Rebels. It'd be a step in that direction.

Also.... WANT

YJNass.PNG

Edited by KennedyHawk, 14 May 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#18 Crouton

Crouton

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

The main set I want is a Scum affiliation set with Max Rebo, Sy Snootles, and Droopy McCool.

Edited by Crouton, 14 May 2014 - 10:54 PM.

• Nosilloc and See Threebilbo like this

#19 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

The main set I want is a Scum affiliation set with Max Rebo, Sy Snootles, and Droopy McCool.

That would be pretty awesome.

#20 videinfra

videinfra

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

That is exactly my viewpoint. Even for fans who hate Hayden Christensen (who IS a terrific actor incidentally, just handled poorly in these films), I could see them doing something like they did for Journey Luke by having Anakin's artwork look only vaguely similar to the actor. And I could see him being a much-needed answer for Vader, provided Design implements some sort of mechanic dealing with the character's inner struggle, which I could see them doing.

Honestly, I think the biggest hurdle for prequel inclusion is the need for at least one additional affiliation for each side (Republic and Confederacy).

Really? I thought it made no sense at all.

How can the movies be awful, yet the characters and story were good? What made them awful to you then? The costumes? Do you mean the characters and story could have been good? What made the prequels awful was that the characters and story were awful.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS