Pyrophobia Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alando

Alando

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

Your opponent controls an active Dragonpit (characters controlled by opponents who do not have more cards in Shadows than you do get -1 STR.).

You play Daenerys Targaryen (GotC). 3 printed STR and ico_targaryen.png characters you control get +1 STR.

Can your opponent respond with Pyrophobia? (Response: After a character's STR is reduced to 2 or lower by a card effect, return that character and all attachments on it to their owner's hand.)

It is like the Bolton Refugee/Winterfell Castle/Dreadfort situation, where Pyrophobia can not be played because at the point of the response Dany's STR is 3?

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

It is like the Bolton Refugee/Winterfell Castle/Dreadfort situation, where Pyrophobia can not be played because at the point of the response Dany's STR is 3?

Correct. Her STR was reduced (a -X STR modifier was applied for the first time), but not to 2 or less because her STR was increased (a +X STR modifier was applied for the first time) at the same time.

#3 Alando

Alando

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Cheers Ktom.

#4 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just want confirmation.  Consider the scenario:

Targ Dragonpit vs. Bara

Targ player has Jamie in play and a card in shadows.

Bara player has 1 card in shadows as well.

Bara player steals Jaime with Ygritte. Next phase, Bara player brings a card out of shadows, thus turning on Targ's Dragonpit. Targ gets the first response to the card coming out of shadows, and plays Pyrophobia on Ygritte, making her moribund:hand.

Does Jaime switch sides immediately? Or does Bara still control Jaime until both players pass on responses and the window closes?

This matters for both the Black Cells and who gets to trigger Jaime's response.

#5 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Jaime changes control as a passive to Ygritte becoming moribund. There is no moribund state for control change.

#6 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

You know that moment when you read the answer, and you realize you should have known the answer already.   Yep.   

Thanks.

• Bomb likes this

#7 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

You know that moment when you read the answer, and you realize you should have known the answer already.   Yep.   

Thanks.

Don't sweat it.  We all do that!

I find myself misreading stuff entirely and pretending I read it thoroughly all the time.  I think most of you guys are used to it!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS