• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Monkerton

Monkerton

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

Hi all,

Am new to the game and so far only have 1 copy of the core set and nothing else. Planning on picking up the first 2 data packs later this week.

One things I was wondering about, is whether it's worth picking up a second core set? I've seen some people mention it, but am unsure how vital is this?

Still new enough that I'm not sure which cards are worth having yet in numbers.

Cheers in advance.

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

It is not vital until you decide it is vital. People still win tournaments with only one Core Set.

• skwizzle likes this

#3 BahnCalamari

BahnCalamari

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

I just finished collecting all the datapacks and only now and I seriously considering getting it. Unless you can find one for particularly cheap, you will get more value out of the data packs. Assuming you don't build more than one deck at a time, it is 66 cards that your collection will be gaining.

Here are the cards you will gain for the cost of a second core: A third of these  and a second of these.

X-Wing

Spoiler

ANr:

Spoiler

#4 frybender

frybender

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

It depends on what you want to do. If you just want to play casually with friends and build fun decks then no you don't need a second core set. If you want to become competitive and go to tournaments and do well there are just some cards that you absolutely need to have 3 of. Data suckers are ubiquitous and there are a lot of decks that use 3 of them.  Account Siphon is a super strong card and most criminals will have 3 in a deck. You can't play NBN without 3 Astroscripts and you can't play TagnBag without 3 scorches. And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of more important 2 cards. Plus it's nice to get a second Desperado and a second SanSan. Can you win a tournament without a second coreset? Maybe. But why would you want to hamstring yourself like that?

Edited by frybender, 29 April 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#5 Monkerton

Monkerton

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

Thanks guys for the responses. I think for now I'll work on picking up the data packs and once I'm caught up, if I'm looking to play more than casual games, I'll grab another core set.

• Ecomics21, skwizzle and CommissarFeesh like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS