2e magic question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wabbitking

wabbitking

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

sorry this is a question for 2e but I didn't know where else to ask this. The warlock for 2e has a dark lore daemonology or necromancy , but he can go into the apprentice wizard then the journeymen wizard careers and the journeyman gives you a arcane lore (or a dark lore but you can only have one of those) , it says you can only know one  but they don't explane if its only one of each lore or only one lore in total( because when they made wizards no way to get 2 lore talents ). can some one help.

ps you can get both petty magic hedge and arcance.

#2 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

I would say you could get Arcane. Look at it this way: many practitioners of dark magic started out as Arcane wizards. They wouldn't just forget their arcane knowledge just because they started dabbling in dark magic.

I am not sure why you would go from dark magic to arcane though. I would think a warlock would consider himself above becoming an "apprentice" and would have little interest in devoting his time to studying the rule-bound magics of the imperial sheep-wizards.

• k7e9 likes this

#3 wabbitking

wabbitking

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

thanks for the quick reply apprentice wizards are not all college wizards in adventures in karak azgal there is a journeyman ex apprentice wizard who was found by a powerful lich before he had a chance to become a hedge wizard and was trained by the lich as a apprentice

ps the warlocks plan is to sneak/bluff his way  in steal as much knowledge and magic items as possible then run as fast as his legs can go and leave as many scapegoats as possible

#4 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

For questions about the second edition, you can try here

http://forum.strike-to-stun.net

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS