• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eradico Pravus

Eradico Pravus

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

From the errata:

Q:  If I increase my toughness after character creation, does my Wound Threshold go up?
A:  No. Toughness is only a factor when determining a character’s starting wound threshold. After character creation, if a player wants his character to be able to withstand more wounds, he needs to invest in a Wound Threshold advance.

This came up in my game group recently and I was hoping to solicit some other opinions. I can see it both ways but what do you think of this rule? Do you play it RAW or house rule it otherwise? 

Thanks! 

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

So, this would imply that increases in Fellowship wouldn't increase shame threshold and increases in Tou would also not increase your corruption threshold as well correct?

Is this a well-thought errata or is there a hole?

On p.12 of the 3-year old errata.

Thoughts?

Edited by Emirikol, 28 April 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#3 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

We play it by RAW. Increasing toughness does not increase wound threshold.

As it does increase your soak value, you'll be more resilient to damage anyways.

However, most players do not increase toughness very often, as increasing attributes is quite expensive (and also has a cap). So allowing an increase in wound threshold wouldn't be game breaking, one extra wound isn't that much.

Say that a character starts with Toughness 3, if the player wants to max out toughness (i.e. go for toughness 6) he/she will have done so at the end of the third career and will still only have gained 3 extra wounds and will have spent 15 (4+5+6) advancements on toughness. In the end the increased soak will do far more for the survivability of the character than the 3 extra wounds.

So however you decide to rule it, it won't be game breaking. But in my group we play this per RAW, increased toughness is already a good option, you don't need to add extra wounds on top of that.

• Emirikol and GMmL like this

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

I stick with RAW.  At my table Players do typically try to increase stats, at least to get a six in their primary.

Edited by valvorik, 29 April 2014 - 09:13 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS