Hey Good Day everyone.
First I need to say I am from Germany, so maybe my english wont pleasure native teacher.
And because I play the boardgame in german the proper terms may be incorrect. Excuse me in advance for that
I ask here because the german forums are pretty empty.
After we played two scenarios we've got some questions about the rules (I searched the forum before, but I didnt find answers for them).
1. On scenario 2 there are two types of different goal-marks (with Stark and Lannister symbols). Does that mean I (as Stark) have to conquer the Lannister marks (the three bridges) or just as much as possible?
2. Gregor Clegane (the Mountain) got the special ability to roll a new dice for every flag he rolled (on attack rolls). Does that imply counter-attacks, flanking and punishing strikes?
3. When I do a counterattack, does a rolled flag force the formerly attacker to retreat?
4. Archers cant flank and counterattack, right?
5. When archers attack a unit they wont use a battle mark. But they still have "locked" the target says the rulebook. So they have to move before they can attack anyone else.
But what happens, when a melee unit attacks archer (who already locked in to another unit). The melee unit places a battle mark. Must the archers then run away (and get a punishment strike?) to attack the new melee unit? Looks like there is no rule for that.
We just played this situation just as the archers never "locked in" another unit before they got into a melee fight.
6. Do the War Dogs have the same "lock in" thing as archers?
Seems like the lannisters got a pretty neat starting lineup in scenario 2. I got totally smashed 4 goalmarks for lannisters vs 0 for starks on round 5. Are there any good tactics how I can win this or make the battle just more even?
I thank you for your patience and Iam looking forward to see some answers and hints !
Edited by Vestire, 28 April 2014 - 03:30 PM.