All unique Jedi units gain Edge [1] while attacking

The Moldy Crow

Unique. Vehicle. Transport.

4 cost

4 Force icons

4 edge-enabled objective damage

3 health

Elite.

Each enemy unit loses all instances of Protect and Shielding.

Ruusan Colonist ((two of in this set))

Character. Civilian.

2 cost

1 Force icon

1 edge-enabled unit damage

2 health

While this unit is committed to the Force, it contributes its Force icons to your side during edge battles in which you are the attacking player or defending player

Valley of the Jedi

Ruusan. Location.

2 cost

1 Force icon

2 resources

Limited.

Reaction: After you win a Force struggle, remove one focus token from this enhancement.

My Ally is the Force

Force.

3 cost

3 Force icons

Reaction: After you win a Force struggle, destroy all units not committed to the Force.

Edited by JKoellner, 28 April 2014 - 09:54 AM.

• KennedyHawk likes this
Star Wars LCG - Level Up Games Minneapolis Season One 2014 - Regional Game Night Champion

#2 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

I think I can find ways to use this objective.......

Thanks for the Jedi love FFG, I like this pod!

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#3 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

Eeeeeeee, new Jedi!

Squealing aside, finally, new resources for Jedi!  That's what has me excited the most, honestly.  And the Crow works really well for controlling the force.  The Colonists also look really useful.  I can see this combining very well with Watchers in the Wasteland and Self-Preservation, too.

Quick edit: now this probably going to be my new mono-Jedi deck:

2x A Hero's Journey

2x In You Must Go

2x The Secret of Yavin 4

2x The Flight of the Crow

1x Watchers in the Wasteland

1x Self-Preservation

I get a much better spread of resources here, of course, and the last 4 sets in the list are all great for grabbing the Force, making Gotals more dangerous.  The Crow itself also gives lotsa objective damage, and I think the added bonus of Edge for unique units is great, since I am still a new enough player to find Edge battles hard.

Of course, when new Yoda comes out, all bets are off.  Plus Jedi Leia (I'm guessing she'll be wearing her hair long, like she was in the village on Endor?  Long hair's always classy.)!

Edited by See Threebilbo, 28 April 2014 - 11:57 AM.

• JMCB likes this

#4 Raahk

Raahk

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

This objective set looks very nice, especially for the objective itself and Moldy Crow. Ruusan colonists seem like a very slow play since you can only use them after the next force phase.

Squealing aside, finally, new resources for Jedi!  That's what has me excited the most, honestly.

I found myself building my Jedi decks around objective sets that had actually resources in them. Jedi do seem to have a hard time getting enough resources in one deck when running pure Jedi objective sets

#5 JKoellner

JKoellner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Ruusan colonists seem like a very slow play since you can only use them after the next force phase.

Not necessarily. You could always commit them during an engagement with the Echoes of the Force fate card. Then they're ability would be ready for a second engagement and/or for defense.

That said, they will definitely be a target for Jerec and the DS Echoes cards.

Edited by JKoellner, 28 April 2014 - 02:10 PM.

Star Wars LCG - Level Up Games Minneapolis Season One 2014 - Regional Game Night Champion

#6 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Ruusan colonists seem like a very slow play since you can only use them after the next force phase.

Not necessarily. You could always commit them during an engagement with the Echoes of the Force fate card. Then they're ability would be ready for a second engagement and/or for defense.

Actually, using Echoes of the Force would allow you to use their ability in the same engagement, since Fate cards resolve before you determine who wins edge.

• JKoellner likes this

#7 Raahk

Raahk

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Actually, using Echoes of the Force would allow you to use their ability in the same engagement, since Fate cards resolve before you determine who wins edge.

Well that doesnt change very much to me. The biggiest benefit of having a unit with Edge is  that your oponent cannot Twist you as easy or as cheap since they have to put in a card first. Having one surprise edge icon in your edge stack which is dependent on a 2 cost unit you've had to play first doesnt sound worth it to me. I'd rather have supporting fire in my hand

Still, we have yet to see the Echoes of the Force card in a Jedi objective set (which is weird to me). You could still run mixed affiliations but that narrows your use of the objective itself. I am not convinced of the colonists...yet! (I would run the OS anyways for the other great cards).

#8 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Echoes is in Heroes and Legends, a super super very Jedi objective set.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#9 Raahk

Raahk

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

Echoes is in Heroes and Legends, a super super very Jedi objective set.

I stand corrected.

Thats what happens when you have nobody to play with because your friends are on vacation, you dont know your cards as well :D

#10 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

Or just don't have anyone nearby to play with.. ;)

#11 Raahk

Raahk

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Sometimes it seems like people are afraid of playing games. But thats another topic...

#12 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.  Playing myself is an interesting exercise in quasi-schizophrenia.  I'm just ditzy enough to forget what's in 'the other player's hand,' though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS