• 969 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Gonna go get mine at lunch!

#22 Carbini

Carbini

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Picked this up too. The miniatures in my pack are surprisingly better quality than any of the full box expansion minis... it's really nice. The bane spiders look just evil, and I don't even paint mine.

The rumor quest is interesting too, the biggest part being that if you drop it down and the heroes don't do it, you just get the reward (OL Card) and open the act 2 quest. If they DO take the quest, they get nothing if they win (outside search cards) and you get an OL ability if you win (it's a speed increasing ability).

So basicaly:

"Hey guys, here's this really lame quest that you pretty much have to play and win or I get a neat OL card for free. Mwhahahahaha..."

This may sound imbalanced when scanning it quickly, but in reality its exactly what I expect an evil overlord distraction plot to be.

#23 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

I think more of the Rumor plots should have been that way, honestly.  Prior to the plot decks, there was little incentive for the OL to play a Rumor, as while they could get a reward, the heroes stand to gain a bit more (even if just slightly).  This is because win or lose, the Heroes could still walk away with something: gold (and perhaps a relic, if they do win).  For the OL, it was all-or-nothing - if they win, they get the relic, if they lose, they get nothing.

At least with the campaign quests, if the OL lost, he still gets experience (even if the heroes get a little more, too).  And yes, the heroes get gold when they lose, too, but I think the difference is that in the campaign, everyone gets SOMETHING, win or lose, which is infinitely more than getting NOTHING :)

The plot decks changed this by allowing Rumors to be used to try and gather threat, so that helped, but having a "if you don't follow up on this rumor, the OL gets their prize anyway" reward would make it more likely to be done, especially if it's a quest that does happen to favor the OL and the heroes keep winning the campaign quests.

The nice thing is, it wouldn't be that hard to incorporate this with existing rumors, and I'm not really sure it would imbalance it that much.

Edited by sigmazero13, 21 May 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#24 evilhead

evilhead

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

Opened mine today - baseless spider, will have to glue it back on. Anyone else?

#25 Fido Montoya

Fido Montoya

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:58 AM

Opened mine today - baseless spider, will have to glue it back on. Anyone else?

Mine were all fine,  aside from the dreaded flash and mold lines that are to be expected.  :)

#26 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

No trouble on mines too ! (for one time)

I must say I love the new beastman and Razorwings, even if they more looks like vampire and no more razorwings.

#27 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

Book depository has restocked the item so I ordered mine earlier today. Great place to order if your not American.

#28 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

I'm not american, but I keep bad souvenirs from english markets.

#29 Indalecio

Indalecio

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

Both quests look interesting, the OL card reward is fine too. The monsters seem okay but definitely not top tier monsters. Heroes are cool, their minis are stunning.

Edited by Indalecio, 23 May 2014 - 05:08 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS