Curse of the Dark Pharaoh Tainted card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarkRaven47

DarkRaven47

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

Just want a clarification. It states that when you're cursed, you roll two dice instead of one when attempting to remove it and take the lowest number. So in essence, you have double the chance to remove it as you normally would (ie you roll a 1 and a 3, you would take the 1 and remove the curse). Am I interpreting that correctly?

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,602 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

No, sorry. It's roll twice and take the worse of the two rolls. This is very, very bad wording that carried over from the original version of the expansion and I'm disappointed that they never updated it. But what it means is that you have to roll two 1s. So you now have a 1/36 chance of losing the curse instead of 1/6.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,503 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

You take the "worse", not the "lowest". Worse implies the result that doesn't allow you to discard the Curse. Hence, among 1 and 3, you must pick up 3 (basically, you discard a Curse only when rolling a double 1)

:ph34r: ed by Tibs!

Edited by Julia, 27 April 2014 - 11:27 AM.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 DarkRaven47

DarkRaven47

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Ah, ok. I originally thought that but second guessed myself. I suppose it makes sense since it's a detriment card. Thank you both.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS