• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 babalander

babalander

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hello,

I just wanted to take a bit of time to thank you guys for this great community. I understand that 3rd is not the most (if at all) supported rpg at this point, but this forum has helped me time and again. I played a bit of 1st when I was a kid back in the late 80's and then never touched a pen and paper rpg until last December (with 3rd). Me and my buddies started playing boardgames in recent years and it eventually led us to jumping into roleplaying. We were all fans of the Warhammer universe (fantasy and 40k) so we opted for WFRP 3rd edition. I now own everything published except the Edge of Night.

Now 13 sessions in, we are having a blast! I couldn't care less about whoever and whatever negative things have been said about this edition. FFG created a really good product. They tried a lot of novel things and that's what makes it great. Of course some concepts work better than others but that's fine by me. The system and its mechanics are easily adjusted and houseruled without actually affecting the core of what gives the game its excellent and unique essence (or the bulk of what FFG actually created for that matter).

Me and my group are all videogame industry veterans with 12+ years each in the industry. We might not be pen and paper rpg specialits, but we sure know gameplay and game design in general and we have a knack for what creates good mechanics and player agency. We all agree that FFG has something very good and special with 3rd. Sure it's got extra fat, and it's obvious that it could've been playtested more thoroughly. But even with its biggest flaws, the power and magic of this game remains very potent. A proper 4th edition, or .5, or revision, or whatever it is they do with pen and paper rpg's, could really propel this system into the realm of debilitating greatness.

Anyway, thank you for all your dope contributions to this forum. Emirikol, valvorik, Gallows, Yepesnopes, others I forget, you guys are all top notch dudes (or chicks, who knows?). You've helped me so many times either clarifying some rules, giving me ideas, or just entertaining me when I was reading while taking a dump.

Again, thanks!

(Maybe now I'll even start posting real stuff. Who know? I've never subscribed to any forums of any kind before).
  • cronevald, Emirikol, Ralzar and 8 others like this

#2 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Welcome! Good that you are having fun with the game and find this forum helpful.

#3 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:55 AM

It is always so refreshing reading this sort of posts.

Have fun!

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#4 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

Welcome to the forum!

#5 GMmL

GMmL

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

Hooray!

#6 Carcosa

Carcosa

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

What is "extra fat" here?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS