"Across the Jundland Wastes" Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 garygoodjob

garygoodjob

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

So my friends and I haven't seemed to be clear on the understanding of this.  When a unit is focused to strike the rules say to place the token on it THEN to resolve the icons in order.  However, for the objective set Across the Jundland Wastes, it says "when a Character unit is focused to strike, place 1 focus token on that unit."  So when a unit is committed to the force do you place the 2 tokens on that unit and then 1 more for that Forced Reaction and THEN resolve the icons?  I'm a bit confused on if a focus token is placed on a card when focused to strike and still gets the other 1 or 2 focus tokens on it for striking whether it is or isn't committed to the force.  Thanks all!

Edited by garygoodjob, 26 April 2014 - 04:23 AM.

#2 Vanadio

Vanadio

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

focusing to strike its like a cost, you focus and strike after that, without being interrupted.

so you put two focus to strike (apply damage) then reaction put an other focus.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

focusing to strike its like a cost, you focus and strike after that, without being interrupted.

so you put two focus to strike (apply damage) then reaction put an other focus.

Not quite the correct timing.  Reaction and Interrupt abilities can indeed happen in the middle of the strike process.  In this case, Across the Jundland Wastes has a Reaction to focusing to strike, so it happens immediately after the unit focuses and before resolving the icons.

For the original question:

- If the unit is not committed, you'll place a single focus as part of the strike, then a single focus from Jundland Wastes, then resolve your combat icons (ends with 2 focus tokens)

- If the unit is committed, you'll place 2 focus tokens as part of the strike, then a single focus from Jundland Wastes, then resolve your combat icons (ends with 3 focus tokens).

• PBrennan likes this

#4 Vanadio

Vanadio

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:58 AM

I stand corrected. That's the same reason why, with a Dark Memories, you could die before applying damage.

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

I stand corrected. That's the same reason why, with a Dark Memories, you could die before applying damage.

Yep, which is why I even bothered correcting as it usually won't matter when the extra focus token is placed from Jundland Wastes (unless Dark Memories is present).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS