EU being cut from the lore and rebranded as "Star Wars Legends"

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

As far as I can tell everythying they have taken from the EU are all characters who have been active before the post RotJ. Mara Jade is the Emperor's Hand, rather than Talon Kaarde's sidekick/Luke's Wife, Kyle Katarn and Dash Rendar are both characters who were both concurrent with the films, rather than just after. Nothing they have produced is as of yet incompatible with whatever Disney do with the post-RotJ canon.

Of course my personal canon now extends to the original films and the Heir to the Empire trilogy, so I couldn't give a toss, except as interesting ideas.

#22 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

It's my understanding that Kyle's stint as a Jedi begins several years after RotJ.  I don't get why they're stretching a few years forward for the game when they seen usually very committed to the original trilogy for a timeline, at least at this point.

#23 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

It's my understanding that Kyle's stint as a Jedi begins several years after RotJ.  I don't get why they're stretching a few years forward for the game when they seen usually very committed to the original trilogy for a timeline, at least at this point.

Well, if they stayed within the time-frame of IV-VI, there are only three* Jedi: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Luke Skywalker.  The Jedi faction would be pretty hard to round out if they didn't stretch out to the New Jedi Order established by Luke Skywalker post-RotJ. From that perspective, I can see why Kyle gets to be a Jedi in this game.

*(At least, those are the only three that I'm aware of. I suppose we don't know what happened to Kota, but I heard that TFU was scrapped as cannon pretty soon after its release. And I have no idea what happened to any surviving Jedi from the Coruscant Nights series.)

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#24 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Ferus Olin was active during that time frame, he died a year after the Battle of yavin

Edited by Toqtamish, 13 May 2014 - 11:17 AM.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#25 werthless

werthless

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

Jax Pavan, Dass Jennir, and K'Kruhk were all active during that time period as well.

#26 MrDomino

MrDomino

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Aren't we already getting an Olin card? I thought I saw him spoiled a while back.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

#27 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

Yes.  He'll be out in the last pack of the cycle.

#28 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

Yes my post was in response to Budgernaut and the number of Jedi active during Civil War.

#29 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Do we think they'll incorporate the Sequel Trilogy in some way?

#30 werthless

werthless

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

I bet they will include the Rebels cartoon before the sequel trilogy

#31 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

I think there's a fair chance we see a Rebels deluxe box some time next year after the first season wraps up. 

Spoiler

Edited by The Gas, 19 May 2014 - 08:19 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS