• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cleat64

cleat64

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hello,

I previously owned LOTR: The Card Game base set and enjoyed the play of the game.  I sold it on ebay a while back.  My problem is I never made it very far into the scenarios because I have no interest/expertise at deck building.  I've thought about buying it again because I did enjoy the solo play and game experience.  I've seen some resources that have deck build suggestions and I've looked at a few of them. Is there enough of these deck building databases to allow me to play through the base set and other releases?  That is, play with a deck where I have a decent chance of success.  If so, could you suggest some of the better ones please?

Thanks

• Xavant likes this

#2 Xavant

Xavant

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

I have found that playing solitaire,
2 decks with which complement 1 another is
Instrumental in taking down the evil.
  • PsychoRocka likes this

#3 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

I was exactly the same way, very frustrated whenever I had to build a new deck because it was time consuming and I preferred to spend my limited playtime actually playing the game.

I stuck with it and got better, these days I have fun making decks.  I have never been interested in building "powerful" decks, but rather see some dusty card that I think would be neat to try, and build a deck around it.  I read some of the active blogs in the community and sometimes get ideas there.  There are a bunch of decks in the deck sections for the following two blogs (see links below), BUT the decks are listed by title generally, rather them fuctionality, so it might make it a little tricky to navigate if you're looking for decks built from a restricted card pool, or built to tackle a specific scenario.

Tales from the Cards in particular has some nice deckbuilding articles that can help you build decks, maybe even get your interest up...

Hope that helps.

Decks at...

Tales from the Cards: http://talesfromthec...eck-spotlights/

Hall of Beorn http://hallofbeorn.w...ress.com/decks/

#4 cleat64

cleat64

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the encouragement guys.  I stopped by my FLGS and re-acquired the base set.  My wife rolled her eyes when she got home.

I checked out those links and did a little research.  I also spent some time learning a bit of deck building from "Tales from the

Cards".  I copied their core set deck 101 example.  First play and I won fairly easily.  I recall that first scenario was not that bad though.  We'll see how the next scenario goes. Check back for an update.

Thanks again!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS