• 138 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

I live in Australia and i will be looking for epic size mat =P 

#2 ElJeffe313

ElJeffe313

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

My suggestion is to make your own! I use a vinyl backing, glue some black felt of the same size onto the backing, and then edge it. It's a great stopgap if you can't find some third party version and is pretty cheap to do. Any fabric store should be able to hook you up with some black vinyl and felt.

#3 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

I dont have a top that is 3x6 at my house, I was trying to think about buy a board and cutting it into 1/3 and installing hings so it lays flat ontop of a surface. The corkboard might be an idea, its light weight. If you can find a mat that would work

Edited by Cubanboy, 22 April 2014 - 05:05 AM.

I have ships.

#4 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

http://www.bannerbuzz.com.au/

see if they will make you a play mat

I have ships.

#5 darkflop

darkflop

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

http://www.bannerbuzz.com.au/
see if they will make you a play mat

That's where I got my custom design 3x3 mat printed. Really good quality and fast printing/delivery (I chose the second fastest shipping, received under a week). You can request any size, so I think getting a 3x6 from them shouldn't be a problem.

#6 Glentopher

Glentopher

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

I'm not entirely certain, will need one of the math experts around here to confirm, but I think if you put 2 3x3 mats next to each other that comes to pretty much the same size.

• RodTheCid, pbpancho, Darthfish and 1 other like this

#7 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

Just stick two 3x3 mats next to each other.

• godofcheese likes this

Enimo Et Fide

#8 apegod

apegod

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

You can use two 3'x3' maps and put a line of painters tape to hold them together. Or, use 3'x6' piece of heavy wool felt.
I like the idea of using a 3'x3' space map attached to a 3'x3' space station map for scenarios.

#9 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

hmm two 3' x 3' could work well. apegod do you have any links to a space station map?

#10 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

In the US I went to Joann's fabric (sure there's an equivalent) and got heavy duty vinyl. Very cheap and you can cut to size anything that you want.

#11 apegod

apegod

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Best space station map is Gale Force Nine's. I have two of them. There are also cheap printable space station tiles sets from a couple companies on RPG Now. I made my turbo lasers and trenches from those.

Use white fabric paint marker from JoAnn Fabirics to make stars on black wool felt.

#12 RodTheCid

RodTheCid

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

if you're gong for the banner printing option, you can get great images from the Hubble telescope, below are the link for two of my favorite sites

http://apod.nasa.gov...lib/aptree.html

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/

#13 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

Thanks =D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS