Photo

No disintegrations! (Tips for flying Fett)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

That is true. I still think more variations on a second attack could be interesting. What about something that lets you be like a gunner? If you fail a primary, make a secondary? Or vice versa? Needing a secondary increases the points, quite dramatically if you want it to be permanent.

The stress thing could be neat too, but feels a little dry. Feels like another Fel, where you may as well just glue PTL to the card. :)

Edited by Damoel, 06 June 2014 - 07:56 PM.

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 6 A-Wing, 6 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

#62 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

That is true. I still think more variations on a second attack could be interesting. What about something that lets you be like a gunner? If you fail a primary, make a secondary? Or vice versa? Needing a secondary increases the points, quite dramatically if you want it to be permanent.

The stress thing could be neat too, but feels a little dry. Feels like another Fel, where you may as well just glue PTL to the card. :)

I don't know about that. Expert Handling, Flechettes, Opportunist, R3-A2 - these are all fairly common ways that stress could have an impact on the ship. Imagine if Boba had the ability I posted above, and you slapped EH and Gunner on him. How amazing would that be?

I really hope FFG is paying attention, because I would love for the Firespray to get some more attention at some point in the future. For now we have to make do with the most badass guy in the whole galaxy having a mediocre ability...

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 06 June 2014 - 08:03 PM.

It's not easy being green.

#63 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Its true, EH could be terrifying, but I think I'd rather go with EU and PTL. Opportunist is a cute idea with that new ability though.

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 6 A-Wing, 6 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

#64 TonyRockyHorror

TonyRockyHorror

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

The best idea I've seen for making Fett better is from my buddy Rob: Fett gets an extra attack die against named pilots.

Also, I think Fettigator will see some play in the anti-Phantom meta.

#65 Jagd

Jagd

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Well for me I just can't see how for a single point more, can Fett be so bad compared to Kath, when I don't know how many games that I have played, that almost no critical got rolled an none were canceled and she is PS 7 instead of 8.

For me Fett is just superior in every way. The Fettnav combo can be useful once or twice a game, but when it does happened it can easily be a game changer. Was playing against an Elite Rebel list (3 fighters) the other day and it was impossible to guess where 2 of his ships that were moving before me would end up. I was suspecting that he played defensively and wanted to block me, but it was really not clear. Finally the use of the Nav and Fett ability was the turning point of the game: I was able to land a TL+Focus on Wedge with the rear firing arc, killed Wedge right there and it was the turning point of the game.

With any other Firespray I would have ended up blocked with no action, open to the fire of the 2 other ships.

Personally I am using Fettnav and even more with the Phantom coming!

#66 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

The best idea I've seen for making Fett better is from my buddy Rob: Fett gets an extra attack die against named pilots.

Also, I think Fettigator will see some play in the anti-Phantom meta.

I can see this as a crew card, but it would probably be upwards of 4 points. Maybe more, if you apply it to all ships with a higher PS instead of just named ones. The generic Bounty Hunter is kind of in an awkward spot at PS3, so maybe somewhere around Luke territory would be appropriate. That's the same as an HLC, but without being restricted to the forward arc.
It's not easy being green.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS