Noob question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mickcatron

mickcatron

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

So, first time I've run into this and wasn't quite sure how it worked.

Runner makes a run on the server with a single unrezzed piece of Ice.  Ice is then rezzed, but the runner isn't strong enough to encounter the ice.

My question is, do the subroutines go off and the he continues, or does the run just end because he does not have the strength to encounter the Ice?

Thanks

#2 Smilingknight

Smilingknight

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

The subroutines go off and the runner suffers the effects. If one of the Subroutines is End The Run, then the run ends, otherwise the runner continues

• Devon Greatwolf likes this

#3 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

STR only applies to icebreakers interacting with the ice. The *runner* doesn't ever have STR.

#4 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

There is no such thing as not being strong enough to encounter ICE. If you approach a piece of ICE which is rezzed, you WILL encounter it (unless you have a card that says otherwise).

Strength on the runner's side, as Grimwalker points out, is a property of Icebreakers, not the runner. It is used only to determine if your Icebreakers can interact with encountered ICE or not.

#5 mickcatron

mickcatron

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

Thank, you. That is what I though, sorry for the incorrect terminology, I do know tha the STR belongs to the ICE not the runner.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS